BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has suddenly developed an annoyance. I noticed the other night while driving with my windows down a squeak that sounds much like a chirping sound. I initially thought it could be a belt/pulley issue, but a little further investigation revealed its actually the clutch. Whenever the clutch is engaged regardless of gear or neutral, the chirp is there. As soon as it is disengaged, it stops. I can put a slight amount of pressure on the clutch (just the weight of my foot) and it goes away.

I have searched the forums and mostly what I have found is clutch pedal squeak. The clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, throwout bearing and brass pin were replaced about 7k miles ago. The clutch slave was not replaced.

Everything seems to be working fine. I haven't had a chance to get the car on a lift and really dreading having to possibly pull the tranny again. If anyone has experienced this or can provide a little insight on the possibilities, I'd really appreciate it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
About this Discussion
0 Replies
1 Participant
marko360
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing