BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about a month back I got my 4th M5, 2nd E60. The day after I got it I ended up with "Clutch Adaptation Active" message. The car came with a fidelity platinum warranty, though every search and thread, and even Bruce M himself basically pointed me to the fact that it would not be covered by Fidelity.

I tracked down the issue to a "Clutch Slave". I considered getting it replaced with an Indy. At the last minute I figured I would take it to the dealer and see what happens.

Well, 2 weeks later I have my car back. With a new Clutch Slave, Clutch and Flywheel. Total cost to me $120 (my deductible + tax). :goldcup:

The dealer wanted to change the clutch to start with. The warranty company sent out a inspector. They called back and said that they approve the change of Clutch Slave to start with. Super interesting that they would come to that conclusion by themselves. In any case, the dealer changed that part and the message did not go away (or the tech wasn't really committed to solving the problem without changing a clutch!). In any case, they called the warranty company saying that a new clutch was indeed needed. They approved. Then, the dealer called back stating that a new flywheel was also needed. They approved that too. They also paid my dealers /hr labour @ $190. :eek7: Total bill - $5570.

I am not sure if my story is replicable. However, as sample of 1, I can certainly say that Fidelity does cover the clutch and its components in the SMG -which makes sense since the exclusion state - "standard transmission and components". I must say, its a stand up company to pay this out. Glad to have bought a M5 with the warranty. 1 year left in it though :confused3

Car feels awesome!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
about a month back I got my 4th M5, 2nd E60. The day after I got it I ended up with "Clutch Adaptation Active" message. The car came with a fidelity platinum warranty, though every search and thread, and even Bruce M himself basically pointed me to the fact that it would not be covered by Fidelity.

I tracked down the issue to a "Clutch Slave". I considered getting it replaced with an Indy. At the last minute I figured I would take it to the dealer and see what happens.

Well, 2 weeks later I have my car back. With a new Clutch Slave, Clutch and Flywheel. Total cost to me $120 (my deductible + tax). :goldcup:

The dealer wanted to change the clutch to start with. The warranty company sent out a inspector. They called back and said that they approve the change of Clutch Slave to start with. Super interesting that they would come to that conclusion by themselves. In any case, the dealer changed that part and the message did not go away (or the tech wasn't really committed to solving the problem without changing a clutch!). In any case, they called the warranty company saying that a new clutch was indeed needed. They approved. Then, the dealer called back stating that a new flywheel was also needed. They approved that too. They also paid my dealers /hr labour @ $190. :eek7: Total bill - $5570.

I am not sure if my story is replicable. However, as sample of 1, I can certainly say that Fidelity does cover the clutch and its components in the SMG -which makes sense since the exclusion state - "standard transmission and components". I must say, its a stand up company to pay this out. Glad to have bought a M5 with the warranty. 1 year left in it though :confused3

Car feels awesome!!

Glad to hear. Lots of confusion with Fidelity and clutch issues with the SMG. I'm glad you got a new clutch and flywheel out of it! I was going to post my Fidelity warranty story but I'll put it here.

My driver side mirror decided to stop rolling up and adjusting correctly. My SA contacted Fidelity (I have Platinum also) and they paid $775 for a new mirror and install. Cost me my deductible plus tax, same as you ($108.60). And yes, they also paid my dealers labor rate. When I purchased the car, my SA recommended Fidelity. So far I'm very happy with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just wanted to say it as well, about 2-3 months ago my car's transmission started jerking so I limped it home and had it towed into the dealer the next day. Took them about 3 weeks to look into it, not sure why but in the end I found out the rivets broke off the pressure plate and fidelity pretty much gave me a new pressure plate, clutch, and whatever else goes along with it. I was surprised, paid only $250.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts