BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Jed rents the subframe bushing tool out. Think he has one for the diff, too. Maybe hit up Shady too...

Do you know how to reach Shady?

Jed does still have the tool but it is out currently and I would like to get this done wrapped up ASAP.

I am legitimately to the point of buying a new subframe and selling the used one to recoup as much of the cost as possible.

These bushings are a nightmare!

What is the going rate for a subframe with the welded reinforcement, one fresh subframe bushing, and the front diff bushing done? Lol.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Replied to your PM. Did you reweld your broken subframe or did you get a used one and reinforce it?
Currently have a used one reinforced, waiting on the bushing swap to put it in. I am going to explore the options for the broken one once it is out of the car. If a repaired and reinforced one is worth the cost of the work I will have it welded up and offer it for sale.

Your message is not showing up for some reason. I have 1 unread in my notifications but it doesn't show up in the message list? Odd.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Wow, what a nightmare. Hope you get it wrapped up soon. Makes me want to inspect my subframe. Is there a specific point(s) that is visible under the car that I should be looking at?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Currently have a used one reinforced, waiting on the bushing swap to put it in. I am going to explore the options for the broken one once it is out of the car. If a repaired and reinforced one is worth the cost of the work I will have it welded up and offer it for sale.

Your message is not showing up for some reason. I have 1 unread in my notifications but it doesn't show up in the message list? Odd.
Throw it out. People have tried rewelding broken subframes only for them to break again down the road.

Really weird, I don't even see my PM in my sent folder. Let me try again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Wow, what a nightmare. Hope you get it wrapped up soon. Makes me want to inspect my subframe. Is there a specific point(s) that is visible under the car that I should be looking at?
From everything I have found it is the front diff mount that is the issue. Have the bushings inspected. The bushing fails and allows too much play and the aluminum can't handle the torque.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
From everything I have found it is the front diff mount that is the issue. Have the bushings inspected. The bushing fails and allows too much play and the aluminum can't handle the torque.
Thanks. For some reason I can't see the picture, but will have the bushings inspected.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
7 Participants
KevinM
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing