BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks.

Last weekends "Auto Motor und Sport" (excellent TV show by the way) had a comparison of the CLS55AMG vs the new M5. In the end they picked the CLS55AMG as the "winner" of this compario.

Video is about 30MB, WMV format. Ripped and encoded by yours truly. Enjoy!

cls55vsM5.WMV (right click, save as)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Thanks Beetlem5:

This is the first I've seen this video - I must have missed it last time around so I really appreciate you posting it.

Even though the tester spent some time hanging the tail ends on the cars out while cornering (probably just for a few good photos) it still seems that he was more interested in how comfortable the cars were than how well they handled. I'm surprised he didn't start complaining about cup holders, or lack thereof.

Just watching the cars being driven through the slalom gave me a good idea of how different these two cars are. Also, the time difference to 200kph makes me wonder what the spread would be once both cars reached 300kph.

Derek

·
Registered
246 Posts
beetlem5 said:
Hi Folks.

Last weekends "Auto Motor und Sport" (excellent TV show by the way) had a comparison of the CLS55AMG vs the new M5. In the end they picked the CLS55AMG as the "winner" of this compario.

Video is about 30MB, WMV format. Ripped and encoded by yours truly. Enjoy!

cls55vsM5.WMV (right click, save as)
Thanks for the post, I had not seen it either. I would pay little attention to the anal retentive "been there, done that freaks". My modus operandi is and will be, if I have something to post, I will, without hamstringing myself to doing an extensive search first. Anyone not liking it can play kissy face with my vertical smile.

:cool: simmikie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts