BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got lasered on my way to work driving 140 at a 100km/h zone :~(

My insurance company is gonna love this.

Boy, the speedo between 120-140 seems so narrow that I whipped past it without even knowing!!! (usually they let you go if you're driving 120 in 100 zone)

Valentine 1, where are you when you're most needed!!

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Ouch. Too bad.

Do you have the laser option on your V1? Did it go off? (Unless you weren't 1st in line it wouldn't have helped anyway - you can't react that fast.)

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Welcome to the club... Lucky you didn't get your license revoked. But that sucks that the insurance company raise the prices.

I "only" have to worry about that the license is gone...

As I mentioned before I said that the only way against laser is a blinder with a on/off switch plus a laser detector.

I will buy this on my way home from Germany through Denmark and try the effficiency "in the field" during the autumn.

Have a look at this serious device at www.blinder.dk

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
37 Posts
That looks a good bit of kit Gustov, does anybody out there use jammers in the UK? Just wondering about the legal issues. Any info on a good detector would be handy as our country seems to be full of cameras and plod setting up traps everywhere.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
K40 going in on Thursday unless someone really talks me out of it. I bought this thing to drive it...

Alps

·
Registered
27 Posts
Stevemj,

Check out www.fastguy.com ,I got my detector from him. Works fine in continental Europe. Didn't save when I went home to Denmark over X-mas, though... Unmarked vehicle sneaked up behind me and got a lot of nice video :-(

The advertised SLD920 looks similar to the device offered in Denmark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts