BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past week my clock has reset 3 times. It started last week when I parked my car. I turned the engine off and pressed the ignition a second time to turn off the iDrive and radio and I couldn't get the radio to turn off and iDrive to shut down with the ignition button. I walked away and came back 10 minutes later and iDrive was finally off. The following morning I started the car and the radio was switched off. It wouldn't turn on for the entire 10 minute drive to work. When I returned later, everything was fine.
Since then my radio has been off 8 times in the past week when I start the car and 3 times the clock has been reset. Maybe my battery is going bad..?? The car starts fine but the battery is 5 years old. Just 10 minutes ago when I started the car, I got a quick error icon that looked like the car was on a car lift at the shop and again the radio was off. ouich
Any suggestions..??
Tnx, Roger

Reactions: dhughes

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
...Maybe my battery is going bad..?? The car starts fine but the battery is 5 years old.
Your are correct, the battery is the likely cause.

The car has a power monitor which will shut down some systems, if low voltage (or excess current draw) is detected. The clock and comfort access are some of the first systems to be cut off. The object is to conserve power to allow the car to start.

You could try a battery tender, a fully charged battery might solve your problems.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, Thanks for the input..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had the battery replaced. This cured all of my problems. My mechanic registered the battery also.
$50.00 for labor plus the cost of the battery.
Anyone in the Los Angeles area shoud consider using South Bay Autohaus (Qais). He is very knowledgeable
and inexpensive. You should check out his 800 horsepower M6.
http://southbayautohaus.net/

Reactions: Clyde
1 - 4 of 4 Posts