BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had chosen this option but apart from paying for it and it appearing on the invoice, there is no indication on the glass itelf that it is installed. I have noticed the car doesn't cook in the sun like my Maserati GT4200 did, but as the aircon in the M5 is so good, and it was so bad in the Maserati, I just don't know which is making my life better.

Does anyone know how you tell standard glass from comfort glass (?codes etched on the glass anywhere) once it is installed???

·
Registered
431 Posts
turton said:
Does anyone know how you tell standard glass from comfort glass (?codes etched on the glass anywhere) once it is installed???
When looking at it from the side or diff angles, it looks like there is a color Film on it. Or look at it with Polorized sun glasses, you can see it better. Test 3, try to open your garage door from the drivers seat, if it doesn't open, you have the glass. Also, the front widshield by the rear view mirror has a 5 inch by 3 inch square for your garage door and radar/laser detector square. I would not like this glass on mine due to the best spot for radar/laser performance is on the dash, not where "the glass people" put their clear spot.

floyd

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see a colour film but don't have polarised goggles. Unfoertunately don't have garage door remote control yet.

In the centre of the screen near the rear view mirror is an area covered by tiny black circles- is this what you are referring to?

I still feel confused by this one.

m5floyd said:
When looking at it from the side or diff angles, it looks like there is a color Film on it. Or look at it with Polorized sun glasses, you can see it better. Test 3, try to open your garage door from the drivers seat, if it doesn't open, you have the glass. Also, the front widshield by the rear view mirror has a 5 inch by 3 inch square for your garage door and radar/laser detector square. I would not like this glass on mine due to the best spot for radar/laser performance is on the dash, not where "the glass people" put their clear spot.

floyd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts