BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, looking for some quality installers in the DMV hopefully in NoVA area to be exact with a fair price. Thanks in advance. Seen some names on other forums but very old posts. Not too sure on places like tint shops if they would have any quality installer but open to any suggestions folks may have.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I use Cliff at Auto Armour, i know i posted this on m5board, but here is my post on another forum of my m5 with his work.

He comes highly recommended. You can google reviews on his work as well. Reasonable and competitive prices compared to what else is around.

I paid $1,175 for ENTIRE hood, bumper, fenders, and side view mirrors. However, if you just want 1/2 the hood, front bumper, etc he charges about 1/2 that. You can customize what you want.

my review:

Ventureshield: Clearbra install Review - BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use Cliff at Auto Armour, i know i posted this on m5board, but here is my post on another forum of my m5 with his work.

He comes highly recommended. You can google reviews on his work as well. Reasonable and competitive prices compared to what else is around.

I paid $1,175 for ENTIRE hood, bumper, fenders, and side view mirrors. However, if you just want 1/2 the hood, front bumper, etc he charges about 1/2 that. You can customize what you want.

my review:

Ventureshield: Clearbra install Review - BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)
Thanks for the response, did you choose by installer or product? I got a quote and thought was VERY low for $420 for avery film but not a full wrap.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
choose by installer or product?
I heard Ventureshield was what most installers where using, and after researching on a bunch of forums, the overall consensus was that everyone had no issues with it.

After that, I searched for installers, narrowed it down to 2, and Cliff gave me the better deal. Instead of paying $1500 for what one installer was asking, he charged me $1175.

Hes a good guy to work with.

I would recommend 3M products, and Ventureshield is one of them.

The product is warrantied, and not only that, but as your car color fades over time due to exposure, so will the area covered by the clearbra b/c it allows sunlight through. That way, your car isn't half faded, and the other half not.

I'm just an average joe with no affiliation to 3M or Cliff. Cliff gave me a good deal, with a good product, and b/c of that, I recommend him to others.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response. Just had bumper refinished and not sure I want to trek all the way to columbia and chip it up but I will keep the place in mind and about what I was expecting it would cost.

I was told that if the bumper is repainted that the only way the film is coming off if I ever want to remove it or replace it is with the paint. Any idea if that is true and hence my reason for the caution to jump into anything.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I installed a new hood b/c i got rid of my Vorstiener one. I asked Cliff about removal, and he said it would come off, and no, no need to repaint at all.

What i will say is that typically you usually need to wait "around" 30 days after a paint job before applying a clear bra. This is in order to allow the paint to cure and release off chemical vapors.

I would be suspicious if anyone told you otherwise...

There are others out there, such as Raja Ventureshield (I think he's in the N. Virgina area. He is a little more pricier) You can google search him, and he typically can be reached through PM'ing him through www.bimmerpost.com

I think BMW of FFX body shop does clear bra as well, but i would prefer other places before i went there.

You can always tape up your bumper and drive to whatever installer you want to use. You know, that blue tape you see where owners cover their headlights/bumpers when they take their car to the race track?

Reactions: OptimusPrimeM5
1 - 6 of 6 Posts