BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your favourites shampoo and wax products? I've been using unknown shampoo (I think it's kinda good) and Turtle wax, any products that are really worth buying?

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
This has been covered on this board quite a bit in the past. Try using the "search" function on "cleaning".....

The short story is that people generally believe in Zymol and Zaino Bros. products.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
After EXTENSIVE testing (including Zaino and the $1200 Zymol wax), I've found that this is the BEST procedure for your car:

Take a regular hose (no attachments) and just rub the car down with you hand all over to remove the heavier dirt/grime/etc. Then follow up with a Zymol wash, making sure you use different sponged for the lower sections than you do the rest of the car. Dry THOROUGHLY. Follow up with a clay-bar or Zymol HD Cleanse (i like the Zymol cleaning products, they work). Now you're ready for the ultimate stuff: 3m Imperial hand glaze (and their spray). This stuff is THE BEST. Honestly, don't waste too much time on your hoor and trunk. The place to concentrate on for SPECTACULAR results is the sides. It takes work, but in the end you'll thank yourself. The coolest thing is seeing the car from another car side by side. Simply amazing. (on jet black anyways). I haven't tried waxing on top of that, but I'm sure it can't hurt. Might not get the same lustre tho.

Just how I do it anwyays. As for the wheels, the Zymol wheel cleaning works great. You can wax your wheels too. I'd stop using turtle wax on the car tho. Also, for the bumper / front aero piece, use a wax that allows for more flex, otherwise the wax stiffens up more than the plexiglass-pvc-whatever does and it makes the paint brittle. Zymol Detail wax works for that.

Enjoy,
--Dan

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zymol?
I've never heard about that company before. and I've never seen non of their products... but I'll ask others..
Anyone knows if the Quicksilver Wheel Cleaner is good? or are there betters than that other than the Zymol wheel cleaner?

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Zymol is fantastic. No experience with Zaino.

turtle wax is fine for most cars but it is an abrasive product- this means if you push too hard you will scratch your finish. IMHO the combination of HD Cleanse and even the regular zymol finish produces a great finish. it will last a long time but that just waxed feel will disappear after a couple of weeks or after one or two rains.

ME

·
Registered
67 Posts
Check out www.autopia-carcare.com, I have gained a wealth of car care information from that site. Sorry, but I think zymol is one of the worst wax companies. I have used 5 different types of their waxes, and they are all difficult, and require lots of time. The best waxes that I use now are blitz, and pinnacle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts