BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 BMW E63 M6, Sapphire Black
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to undertake a full suspension rebuild (37,500 miles) The front tension struts are loose, so I figure, rear control arms are next. While I'm down there, may as well do the whole thing. Once I start tearing down, I also clean, which takes me twice as long to do the job, thought I'd get a head start while waiting for parts to arrive. Decided to clean up the exhaust yesterday. Turned out pretty nice, still have more work to do. I like a clean undercarriage, makes it easier to spot issues. Also a great way to get familiar with all the parts of your car.

One thing I noticed, is the front pipes that come off the catalytic convertors seem to be a bit different quality of stainless steel. A bit shinier and smoother. Forgot to take a photo of them.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Think front pipes are T304 and the rest are T409.

The fronts are also double walled up to the secondary cats.

Very nice though, satisfying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think front pipes are T304 and the rest are T409. The fronts are also double walled up to the secondary cats.
Yes, they did seem thicker. Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool ! I'd guess it's done to keep the heat/noise down?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Duragloss 853 Aluminum wheel cleaner - just don't get any on your bolts/nuts or other hardware that has zinc - I think it reacts with the zinc. stainless steel/copper seems to be OK.

Reactions: Bigjdeezy
1 - 8 of 8 Posts