BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any tips on cleaning the interior trim, I have a couple of dirt marks on the back shelf fabric and on the alcantara on the drivers seat i wish to get rid of.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I assume you've either got silver grey or anthracite 'synthetic suede' then.

But I think your parcel shelf cover may just be cloth?

The seats can be cleaned with a mild soapy water solution for the cheapest method, or you can pay a couple of quid for some autoglym, car plan upholstery cleaner (specifically NOT leather cleaner).

I was quite hard on my 'synthetic suede' with a a good nail brush and it didn't seem to do any harm in over 100,000 miles - the cloth part I was a bit more gently with, but that was just a softer brush to work the soap/cleaner in and then a damp cloth to wipe it off, and finally plenty of terry towels to dry it up.

The parcel shelf is a bit of a bugger as an dampness will make the glue unstick and you and up with baggy cloth on the parcel shelf, so you'll need to use a wet wipe or something similar and take it bit by bit.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I use AutoGlym interior foam for washing the car seats - it's almost a "dry cleaning" process and has lifted every mark off the Alcantara ....

Not really relevant for the M5, but I just stuck the covers from my Honda's race seats in the washing machine this evening in an attempt to get them clean! :blink:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Meguiars APC (ALL PURPOSE CLEANER) cut 4 parts water to 1 part APC or for a weaker solution 10:1. Spray gently onto the shelf, do not drench and then wipe away with a microfibre.

For more info www.detailingworld.co.uk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts