BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Cleaned throttle bodies

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  BamaM5er 
#1 ·
Took a few hours on my off day to clean the throttle bodies and a few other parts that I’m sure have never been tended to in 19 years. Went ahead and did some cosmetic stuff too. What y’all think? That is before on the throttle bodies but they cleaned up nice. Not as much build up as I expected.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Good job on the clean up of the butterflies, but I cant say I like the cosmetic stuff at all. Reminds me of ME back in 1992 with my honda civic.

#3 ·
Haha yeah I can see that. The plenum cover had some stains on it that I couldn’t scrub out so I had to paint it. Wanted to go with flat black but I didn’t have it on hand and was just free ballin. May mix a little blue and green under the hood to match the m5 logo. It’s nothing I can’t change and may grow tired of it but I dig it for now

#4 ·
Few more pics. Rims look nice but I def want to go back to factory rims and tire size. Redone my Bmw decals in flat black and grey instead of the classic blue and silver, they were faded so I was just messing around. If I end up keeping the car long term I’ll go back factory everything

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.