BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here a follow up on my performance issue from this tread http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e3...s-need-help-new-owner.html?highlight=multiple
so i have been doing tests on menu 4 l/h, its a week i have the car,as soon as i got it i changed air filters i have been getting readings between 90-100 l/h highest i saw was 101 the weather here is pretty cool. Yesterday i put a new fuel filter and no improvement car feels the same and same l/h.
today i found a can of crc mafs cleaner at napa autoparts cleaned them took it for a blast and nothing car is the same.
the wierd thing is i sometimes get higher readings in 2nd gear than 3rd but most i saw today was 98 l/h.
tomorrow i'm going to order new mafs from bimmerzone and going to change spark plugs this weekend and hope i see better numbers
one good thing is i havent gotten a cel light since the first day i pushed it to redline and i had those missfire codes.
so the car hasn't trown any codes but has poor l/h numbers.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Please explain exactly where and how you sprayed the cleaner onto the MAF hot film sensor...

And Please Use Capitalization and the "enter" button.

Thanks

The management

·
Registered
832 Posts
Please explain exactly where and how you sprayed the cleaner onto the MAF hot film sensor...

And Please Use Capitalization and the "enter" button.

Thanks

The management
Don't be mean just because he's from Canada ;)

Some people will argue that cleaning your MAFS is suffice. I found better results by just buying new ones.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Don't be mean just because he's from Canada ;)

Some people will argue that cleaning your MAFS is suffice. I found better results by just buying new ones.
I agree with you about the cleaning not being sufficient...but if you get any improvement after cleaning it usually means "buy new mafs".

I am concerned that the cleaner was just applied to the inside of the tube and outer part of the MAF capsule itself...

And sorry, but tossing in a bit of formatting will typically engender more engagement and response from others. Canada or West Palm!

:)

A

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If you need new MAFS let me know :), We have the M5board specials going on :)
I was getting 105-110 on second gear mafs test l/h lately...2003 with 63000 miles..i think it is time to change them..check your inbox

Thank you

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
I agree with you about the cleaning not being sufficient...but if you get any improvement after cleaning it usually means "buy new mafs".
Agreed, but the opposite is not necessarily true. So no improvement does NOT mean MAFs are good.

And sorry, but tossing in a bit of formatting will typically engender more engagement and response from others.

Canada or West Palm!

:)

A
eh? :eek7:lovelove
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
tried to PM you but not getting though...

$320 for the MAFS
$35 for express mail shipping
takes about 1-2 weeks for delivery
for international calls, please call 484-636-3966
Thank you...i will order as soon as possible.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Are you on the second menu that reads L/Hr? You have to push the left pin twice to get to that menu, if you are on the first menu you will not get the correct reading. Have you replaced the O2 sensors, spark plugs, and CPS's?

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
I got a deal for you. How busy is your weekend? I would meet you halfway say Kingston. We could swap out my MAFs in your car and see if there is an improvement, I will bring my scanner and we can do some live data. In exchange in need to swap out PDC controllers to see if that is my problem. Your PDC working? Besides I would really like to compare two 02/00 cars. I know you can't likely PM yet so if interested reply here and I will PM you my email and phone number.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got a deal for you. How busy is your weekend? I would meet you halfway say Kingston. We could swap out my MAFs in your car and see if there is an improvement, I will bring my scanner and we can do some live data. In exchange in need to swap out PDC controllers to see if that is my problem. Your PDC working? Besides I would really like to compare two 02/00 cars. I know you can't likely PM yet so if interested reply here and I will PM you my email and phone number.
i would love to meet up with you one day but you are pretty far even kingston is about 3 hrs from me, i went ahead and ordered new mafs from bimmerzone (great price with group buy) and will change spark plugs and do compretion test this weekend and will be posting results with pics of plugs so everyone can see. what is PDC?

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
Park distance. Ya kingston is 3 hrs for me too. I would probably drive 6 hrs this weekend anyway but it won't be on the 401.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats the only option i don't have on the car

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
There you go I thought that rear was standard on all. But then again maybe it was Canadian cars, yours is American right.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes i just importrd it from oklahoma

1 - 20 of 25 Posts