BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several pics taken today of the M5. What a nightmare to keep clean! :eek:oohhh:
That's a reflection of me in one of them against one the doors.

Enjoy! :M5launch:

Attachments

Reactions: JJF and scoopz

·
Registered
350 Posts
straight murdered.

i like it. looks great

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Nice work! :M5thumbs: Very creative photos. Obviously a Mac man. I especially like the black and white. Car looks more classy.:applause:

You are right your car is a reflection of you, literally!:blink: Now go get a real camera, like a Nikon D80 (not the Sony) and snap some even more creative pics! :1:
:cheers:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Looks great. Not sure about that funny man in the shorts though... :3:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Looks nice!

Black on black would not be my first choice in AZ. But, they do look nice when clean.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Amazed how black cars have the best shine and a biatch to keep clean. Can you elaborate on your cleaning techniquie and what brand or polish your using?

Thanks,

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Looks, just OK....why are the tires so dirty???.....other than that, nice car

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Amazed how black cars have the best shine and a biatch to keep clean. Can you elaborate on your cleaning techniquie and what brand or polish your using?

Thanks,
Thx.

1. Wash car with Dawn liquid soap twice then remove front and rear lights and license plate
2. Clay entire car then I bathed the M5 in Einszett Perls Shampoo using a Foamaster II and Shmitt Wash Mitt
3. Remove wheels and clean all wheel well surfaces with detergent and clean all metal parts with P21S Polishing Soap (didn't do this this time)
4. Spray wheel wells with Griot's Undercarriage spray
5. Polish paint with Menzerna PO 106FA (a standard for Maybach and Rolls Royce) - applied with Porta Cable orbital polisher
6. Prep paint with Swissvax Cleaner Fluid - applied by hand
7. Apply Swissvax Concorso wax - applied with bare hands
8. Finish with Adam's VRT and In & Out spray
9. Re-buff 3 hour after car sits in the sun

Reactions: Disci and Gadgetman

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks, just OK....why are the tires so dirty???.....other than that, nice car
Your right! I didn't clean the tires or wheel - I didn't think I'd get caught! Good eyes. :cheers:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thx.

1. Wash car with Dawn liquid soap twice then remove front and rear lights and license plate
2. Clay entire car then I bathed the M5 in Einszett Perls Shampoo using a Foamaster II and Shmitt Wash Mitt
3. Remove wheels and clean all wheel well surfaces with detergent and clean all metal parts with P21S Polishing Soap (didn't do this this time)
4. Spray wheel wells with Griot's Undercarriage spray
5. Polish paint with Menzerna PO 106FA (a standard for Maybach and Rolls Royce) - applied with Porta Cable orbital polisher
6. Prep paint with Swissvax Cleaner Fluid - applied by hand
7. Apply Swissvax Concorso wax - applied with bare hands
8. Finish with Adam's VRT and In & Out spray
9. Re-buff 3 hour after car sits in the sun
Did you wax your car in the hot open sun? I hear that it's not a good idea to wax in direct sunlight.

Thanks for the info.

Best Regards,

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Did you wax your car in the hot open sun? I hear that it's not a good idea to wax in direct sunlight.

Thanks for the info.

Best Regards,
NO, applied product in the garage. The wax cures in the sun (per Swissvax) :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
wow, wish I had the patience.....looks incredible.

Chris

·
Registered
50 Posts
Car looks great! I have the same color scheme and black is the toughest to clean. I am also cleaning it myself now and will post some pics when it is done.
How did you paint the wheels?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts