BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
]If you are looking for a Clean E39 M5 than look no further. This is one of the cleanest and most beautiful M5 you’ll find. It is a Clean Title 2000 BMW M5 in very rare Avus Blue (only available for a few months back in 2000 and then was changed to Lemans Blue). The car has the rare two tone blue/black matching sport interior with Aluminum Trim. (I searched long and hard for this color combo back in 2003). The interior is pretty clean with the seats in immaculate condition with little signs of wear. The exterior is pretty much straight and beautiful. The paint is in very good condition with some very minor imperfections but noting that stands out to the naked eye (You’ll have to look very close). The car is washed weekly and is polished and wax at least 2-3 times a year. The car has never given me any problems and is very reliable. It has a low 68k miles and runs and drives like it suppose to. The car has all the recalls and updates done from by the dealer. The car has been serviced at Stevens Creek BMW and most recently had been in for service to update the computer for ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
<ST1:place w:st="on">California</ST1:place></st1:State> emissions request and the technicians gave the car a clean bill of health. It has new brakes, Mass Airflow sensors, and Sparkplugs. The car is oil changed every year or 5 thousand miles. (In the last three years it’s been every year since I pretty much have averaged only 3 thousand miles a year, This is strictly a weekend/Summer car) The car has been cosmetically upgraded with tasteful and high quaility aftermarket equipment you could get on a M5. This includes:

- KW Coilover suspension (Best riding suspension and the most expensive)
- Custom made and fit 19" Iforged 3pc Daytona Rims in High Polish (19x9 Front and 19x10.5 in the rear with 3" front lip and 5" Rear Lip. (245/35/19 Front 285/30/19 Rear) - NO CURB RASH
- Dinan Free Flow Exhaust
- Upgraded 2001-up Widescreen navigation
- There have never been any engine modifications since I don’t like to mess with perfection. There is no point since the car already has 400hp!!

I am the second owner since Nov 2003 and purchased the car with 55k miles. Currently the car has a little over 68k miles. The car has pretty much been my dream car and has been treated that way since I was planning to keep it forever. It is the best and most fun to drive car I’ve ever driven even to this day. I’m a BMW car fanatic and know how to take care of my cars. I want to stress that this car has been very well taken care of. The car has NEVER been raced and very rarely goes above 3500 RPM because I pretty much have my Kid in the back with me but rest assure this car is very strong! I have a commuter car that I drive everyday to work with so the M5 is pretty much mainly driven on weekends (If I do drive it) and does not go anywhere far. It is not driven in rain or the day after a rain storm when roads are still wet. So pretty much you could say the car sits in the garage throughout the winter time. Also since I had my son in 2005 majority of weekends has been family time which usually means we take the family SUV mainly. For now the reason why I’ve decided to sell is because the family is getting bigger and weekends now we only take the SUV and the car sits there weeks at a time collecting dust. I don’t need to sell but my mind (and my wife) suggest that it’s time. To sum everything up this is one of the nicest and rarest M5's out there. You'll see black and Silvers but Avus Blue w/the matching sport interior in this condition is very hard to find. The pictures don't do this car justice. There is no way to describe the feeling of being behing this beast and the respect it commands.

The only thing negative that might need to be fixed is there are some dead pixels on the instrument display (Common problem on E39 5 Series) which occurred about 3 years ago. I actually got a quote for $300 to get it fixed from a VDO repair company and was about to send it in to get fixed but they were backed up at that time and it was going to take 7-10 days to get fixed instead of 3 and the mechanic shop which was taking out my VDO could not have my car sit at the shop for that long so he had to put it back in the car and I had to reschedule with the vendor whenever they were less busy. Since then it has stopped bothering me since I have a picture of my family anyways which covers up the dead pixel so I never rescheduled. So my point is if you would like to have it fixed, it’s relatively cheap to have it repaired versus having the dealer replace it. Keep in mind this is a 8 year old car.
I’m asking $28,000 or best serious offer will be considered. Please call me or email me for more information or if you are interested. Sorry no trades (Might consider an older S2000 in Black or White as partial payment) Thanks for looking

John (408) 859-4601

IMG_0671.jpg

Image51_2.JPG

IMGP0060.JPG

IMGP0066.JPG

IMG_0681.jpg

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
You should scale down your photos so it is easy to look at them and take less time to dl. Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Any interest in swapping exhaust and/or suspension? I'm in SoCal, so I can come up one of these weekends. Send me a PM if you are :).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll let you know if I do decide to sell the parts seperately. Right now I'd prefer to sell the complete car as is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello, the two people that called and left a message for me today, I apologize for not getting back to you. I was checking my messages on my computer and all my VM were accidentally deleted when my son pushed the "delete all" button. Please feel free to call contact me again for any questions.

Anyways guys, I'm motivated to sell so if you are interested make me an offer I can't refuse. Don't be shy, I'm considering all fair offers in order to sell this car before I change my mind again. This has been a back and forth thing with me and has been a tough decision for me. My new addition to the family has kind of swayed my decision to sell vs keeping it. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys..Help a fellow M member out. If you guys know anyone that might be interested in a clean M5 spread the good word for me. I'm ready to sell so I'm open to any offers within reason. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts