BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Bulletprof said:
It's winter time so my car get dirty and i washed him but i don't know how to clean the engine compartment :confused2

Help me please!
You can wash the compartment with soap and water. heavy liquid dish washing soap and a sponge that you are not fond of along with a bucket full of water full of bubbles........ wash it as you would the exterior, nothing there you will hurt and then rinse her down and take a towel to her....surprisingly they always run better afterwards. Typically on the underhood pad if it is very soiled then I will spray it down and then leave the hood open to let is drain and dry. Then once dry take a roll of masking or duct tape and roll it backwards on the roll then roll it on the surface and it will pull the lint and misc. surface dirt free.

I do not suggest engine degreaser because they can stain both the painted and the plastic pieces.

You will be fine.

Shadowman

·
Registered
214 Posts
Bulletprof said:
It's winter time so my car get dirty and i washed him but i don't know how to clean the engine compartment :confused2

Help me please!
I'd be very careful about any pressure higher than from a garden hose. I used low pressure spot free rinse on the engine and the brake and ABS lights came on (amber) for a while. Went away and has never been back though.

KCD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts