BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
664 Posts
That's Jonathan Mill's old B10 Bi turbo - now owned by Paddy (Patrick Blake) its up for sale at the moment. more details on theALPINAregister

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Thank you for the article, very interesting reading...B10's are nice...

all the best
adam

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Lotus Omega is my old one and now belongs to my dad. He also has a Lotus Carlton as do I and my father-in-law.

I see looking aournd that there are a few LC/LO owners on here. I haven't experienced an Alpina but I have had an E38 750iL which i really enjoyed.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Did you guys do any comparisons performance wise with the two cars? I bet they were quite close?

all the best
adam

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
I think they tested the cars on bruntingthorpe, which would have given huge scope to compare the cars,

I hope the current owner posts

all the best
adam

·
Registered
125 Posts
Adam said:
I think they tested the cars on bruntingthorpe, which would have given huge scope to compare the cars,

I hope the current owner posts

all the best
adam

I did the photos for the magzine feature.. the cars were photographed at a small sprint circut call Curborough... Both cars had a couple high spped runs on the circut although the straight is not very long.
At about 40mph up there was not a lot in it as both cars were quite evenly matched. However from a standing start the Alpina was all over the Lotus as he could not get the power down and just kept hitting the limiter.

When it came to the cornering the Alpina was far better set up and flowed through the corners a lot better than the Lotus which was far to hard ..... and i must say not as driveable.. what let the Alpina down was that it looked quite dull compared to the lotus........in my book the Alpina was the clear winner :thumbsup:

·
Registered
885 Posts
That's nice to hear!Indeed,the lotus does look brutal.The Alpina however is a real dressed wolf.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
b9boyII said:
I did the photos for the magzine feature.. the cars were photographed at a small sprint circut call Curborough... Both cars had a couple high spped runs on the circut although the straight is not very long.
At about 40mph up there was not a lot in it as both cars were quite evenly matched. However from a standing start the Alpina was all over the Lotus as he could not get the power down and just kept hitting the limiter.

When it came to the cornering the Alpina was far better set up and flowed through the corners a lot better than the Lotus which was far to hard ..... and i must say not as driveable.. what let the Alpina down was that it looked quite dull compared to the lotus........in my book the Alpina was the clear winner :thumbsup:

Thank you for the info :M5thumbs:

all the best
adam

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Guys
I'm still part of M5.com, but now have an M5 Touring. reading the thread was still too painful as I had to sell the B10 to pay for the stamp duty on the house!
Paddy is selling the car and if you need his number send me a pm and I'll put you in touch. It's still breathtaking

·
Registered
885 Posts
Jonathan Mills said:
Hi Guys
I'm still part of M5.com, but now have an M5 Touring. reading the thread was still too painful as I had to sell the B10 to pay for the stamp duty on the house!
Paddy is selling the car and if you need his number send me a pm and I'll put you in touch. It's still breathtaking
Jonathan,hope you enjoy the M5 touring.It's one high on my list if i'v a few extra euro's!
As for the Alpina;I feel with you,it is something special.If ever your in the neighbourhood ,feel free to call me.Hope you will be able to afford one in the future! :byebye:

C-J

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
millsy how could you edge a dustbin of a car like that over a b10bi-turbinator you should be ashamed of yourself a vauxhall over the alpina whats happening to the world........ hiha :wroom: :byee55amg

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've been away again and haven't had a chance to catch up with you all. know shouldn't have sold it etc, but believe me with two young babies in the house, it may have ben worth it for the peace!
I'd really like a B8 4.6. Anyone selling a saloon or touring?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know it´s been ten years since this post was active. But I have to ask. Does anyone still have the test on there cpu for uploading?mmmmmm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts