BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got one quote & am awaiting another for a 3.8 M5 / M5 touring ,
( Adrian Flux & Carol Nash ). The Touring is a bit of a problem (compared to a UK M5) because it was not a UK model ( so is an import) & is LHD.
Anybody got any suggestions for any M5 friendly Classic insurance company's ?
P.S. Flux's quoted £434 for 5000 annual milage.
P.P.S. I already have another classic , 5.0 ltr, 170mph , only £325 for 5k miles.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
£434 is a much better rate than I can get and I have been spending hours talking to companies. Don't think you will get any lower.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I'm with Flux on my LHD 93 saloon import.

I pay a little more than you on a 3k annual mileage.

Steve

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Try Barry Grainger (Brokers) who have been very helpful and have reduced my quote this year by around £100.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi there all

I'm with a company called Asset Trust, on the Chubb masterpiece classic car policy, ive used this company since i had a 635 many years ago, when i pulled my M5 off the road 3 years ago, i was paying £300 for it 5k miles per year, phoned them up last year to re-insure the car, was asked how much i used to pay, said £300 they dropped it to £290.

After my little accident, (not my fault) last year, they got it sorted ASAP, used my sprayshop without any quibbles, gained my excess back and got a letter of fault from the other party, in less than 6 weeks and i had to do nothing.

Recommended :)

Best regards Andy

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Hi, I pay around £550 for my insurance with Direct Line but its not on a classic car policy so I dont have any restrictions on milage and I can use it to commute if I wish. You may find you dont qualify for some classic policies if your licence isn't clean or its not a second car.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Mine's £600-ish, but that's for unlimited mileage and business use - unfortunately I cannot recommend the broker/insurer as they were horseholes about getting the right info on the policy document and then finally admitted they'd not put the right info into their premium calculator in the first place and were being asked for £200 more after completing it correctly, which they then wanted me to pay :grrrr:

Got off with only paying £50!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I pay about £400 through Flux with 8000 miles. I specifically asked for the mileage as I ran my previous lot out and had to buy some more.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Flux have just quoted me £ 625, unlimited mileage, business useage, £ 400 excess, £ 70 on windscreens, but do include, medical, legal and ICE protection in addition to 60 days of European Coverage and breakdown for home start and relay.

Prefer the service from Barry Grainger and Groupama Optima Plus. Nicer people.

·
Registered
125 Posts
That sounds like quite a good price.

Last year I was quoted £357 for my 3.8 with Adrian Flux and took it (but I had to pay in full to guarantee the low price). Full cover including commuting to one place of work but based on 7500m per year. Three months after I was relocated to Germany and unfortunately Flux would not extend my insurance to full European cover so I had to cancel and only got £70 back. Currently I am with Norwich Union, full cover, full green card, protected NCB, no mileage limitation etc etc and price was £480.
Sorry for the waffle but the point I am trying to make is that the cover I have with Norwich Union is probably better so it may be worth reading all the smallprint to see what you get.
What is really ironic is that I have just ordered a 535d Touring MSport to replace my wife's 530 V8 and it is going to cost £130 per year more to insure than my M5.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I pay around £550 living here in the smoke,
in what is apparently the highest risk area bar one in the country.

Will be trying the classic / Adrian flux this year at renewal.
I was pleased as punch to be paying under £50 per month for insurance
since last year, when I first bought the E34 I used to pay £1200 :eek:oohhh:

Needless to say my M5 lives behind 6 foot gates jammed shut by another
immobilised vehicle !

·
Registered
354 Posts
I use AON insurance. Future classic policy, fully comp (no points,full ncd) 5000miles pa £300

I've got the 325 cab on the same policy and they only charged me another £25, so I extended it by 2500 miles (extra £150) that rolls over each year.

I only do about 5000 a year in both anyway but it's nice to know theres a bit in reserve.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts