BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To clarify:

Team 144 was 1st into Vienna and Rome, and among the lead cars at every other checkpoint.

We need a couple of days to correlate our video, stills and notes with other teams in order to determine the unofficial time based rankings.

Without question, the overall lead cars (based on time/checkpoint arrivals), would include:

Greg & Remy - MB CLK-DTM
Michael Ross - Bentley Continental GT
Team 144 Polizei - M5

More to follow....as we learn it. We 're trying to correlate our notes against time/date stampled photos and video taken by other cars, Gumball staff and fans who contact us.

Best,
Alex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Tribute to ALEX ROY

Alex rules!!!

We had some much fun all week long!!
This guy is even crazier than we thought we were!!!
He leaves right on time, fuels up every 75 minutes, and arrives at destination when most of the pack is only half way through!!
Thanks Alex for the wonderful moments!
A new fan of the "M5 sirened rolling madness"

Kalbas (didn't like that pass!!! ;-) )
:byee55amg
:M5launch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Hey polizeiM5
Maybe planning a new E60 PoliziaM5 for gumball 2006.???
No new M5-s on this years rally??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Oz-cro said:
Hey polizeiM5
Maybe planning a new E60 PoliziaM5 for gumball 2006.???
No new M5-s on this years rally??
It was stated elsewhere that this years Gumball (2005) was Alex's last Gumball Rally which he would participate in. It's is a great shame as he is one of the people there that have such a liked personality.

Loved the sirens when you arrived at Florence by the way Alex !

Regards,

Louis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Loui said:
It was stated elsewhere that this years Gumball (2005) was Alex's last Gumball Rally which he would participate in. It's is a great shame as he is one of the people there that have such a liked personality.

Loved the sirens when you arrived at Florence by the way Alex !

Regards,

Louis
Too bad:( :crying: , thanks for the info Loui:M5thumbs:

At least he went out with a bang:M5launch: :flag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
red_wings05 said:
polizieim5, your have a great car once again. It is very impressive the time and effort that you put into it. :cheers:
Thanks so much for your kind words.
This is the third Gumball for the Polizei M5, and it's never had major mechanical failure (touch a bit of wood).
Some of it's luck, and some of it is the care the Polizei Support Team puts into the car before every rally.

Best Regards,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yourk said:
Alex - Recent Mod with the big brake kit? Brembo or StopTech? Impressions?
I have the Stoptechs on my 2003 Subaru WRX, and before that I had them on my 2000 Audi S4. I liked the Stoptechs, but found that they shed A LOT of brake dust and were difficult to bed in properly. The Brembos on the Polizei M5 bedded in easily and performed perfectly under 10/10ths performance requirements on the Gumball. Verdict: Stoptechs good, Brembos better. Buy what you can afford.

I shall soon post a video of the Brembos under 10/10ths braking in a near catastrophic accident in Italy.

Best Regards,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Alex, didn't know you were at one point a fellow Audi Owner. 2000 S4 was a great car; did you modify it greatly? As great a car as it is, the one major problem was with theft, especially in the Tri-State area. Was that the reason you got rid of it?

By the way, there are some big Euro Car meets this summer in the area, I'll post info later, just incase you or other area members may want to attend. Ferrari Challenge this summer @ Lime Rock Raceway should be interesting as well... First versions of the F430 Challenge will be there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yourk said:
Alex, didn't know you were at one point a fellow Audi Owner. 2000 S4 was a great car; did you modify it greatly? As great a car as it is, the one major problem was with theft, especially in the Tri-State area. Was that the reason you got rid of it?

By the way, there are some big Euro Car meets this summer in the area, I'll post info later, just incase you or other area members may want to attend. Ferrari Challenge this summer @ Lime Rock Raceway should be interesting as well... First versions of the F430 Challenge will be there.
Yes, My Audi S4 was stolen in late 2001, which is what led to my purchase of the M5.

Best,
Alex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yourk said:
Any intentions to move onto a new car from your current M5? I suppose your WRX is a beater and you rarely drive the M5?
I rarely drive the M5, and will keep it until it dies or is stolen. I'd love a new one, but I have a lot invested in my E39 and the new one is quite expensive solely for rally use. My M5 is a 2000 with only 33000 miles on it, so it has many years left in it, to be sure.

I love my WRX and use it almost every day. It has tons of mods, I never wash it, and I can park it in the street safely. It's truly a great car.

Best,

Alex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
how does your M5 compare to the S4? Most people would say they are in a different category.

Im test driving an RS2 this weekend and would like to know how that stands up to an M5 (probably not at all?) ??????
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top