BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone knows the McLaren F1 is still the daddy after all these years. Even with all the technological advances it is still yet to be offically beaten. Reason for this? Basically the main contenders Ferrari and Porsche if they said they were going to beat the top speed then they would have to. Period. Anything else would be deemed a failure and not very good for the brand image. Hence why the Enzo and Carrera GT run out of steam at about 220mph. Then you have the likes of Pagani and Koneig........ two small manufacturers that can boast all they like about top speed. Without actually ever being called to account. How many times have you read about the Koneig........ being the fastest car in the world CC8S, CCR but no hard evidence.

I read the above in a magazine can't remember which. Might have been EVO.

Discuss...

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I see no reason why you would need more than 200 to begin with even on tracks. :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
There's a video of the McLaren F1 doing a GPS verified 240mph+ at Nardo. Considering the car was built 11 years ago that's incredible. The only car around at the moment that could beat that is the Koenigsegg CCR, but I agree they need to put up or shut up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know the Ring times of the F1, Enzo, and Carrera GT? Straight line speed is fine and dandy, but I want to know which one handles the best..

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
canesugarrules said:
Does anyone know the Ring times of the F1, Enzo, and Carrera GT? Straight line speed is fine and dandy, but I want to know which one handles the best..

Check G force on the skid pad along with the times top gear has come up with. Right now the enzo is first and the gt 2nd and the f1 un tested on their track. although they did say that gt was reaaaaaaaaaaally hard to control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts