BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ashok,

You probably know more in this department. Do you know if the M5 Individual selection allows for Cinammon Interior. ?

My M3 Convertible had this combination and it looked very nice. If this
is possible I still have time to change my UK supplied car and will do if
I can get Cinammon.

Here's some pictures of my M3 with this combination. Don't know about you
but the front and side of the M3 now look a little out-dated.

Regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Ghufran -

Cinnamon is NOT available for the E60 M5.

The Cinnamon leather in your M3 is Nappa leather (code would have been N5ZM for extended leather or L7ZM for full leather).

The leathers in the new M5 are all Merino leather which has a "heavier" texture than the Nappa.

In addition to the standard leather colours (Portland Brown, Sepang Bronze etc.), you can select colours through BMW Individual. Keep in mind that whatever colour you choose, it must be one that is available in Merino Leather. BMW are currently not offering alternative (i.e. non-Merino leathers) on the M5 , even via Individual.

The closest Merino leather colour to Cinnamon is "Gold Brown". Although this colour is not on any Individual palette for the E60, I was originally going for this (it is a 7 series Individual colour). I changed my mind after my dealer informed me that the cost for Gold Brown alone would be 3000 Euros!!

Here is a photo with Cinnamon on top and Gold Brown below. Note how the Cinnamon Nappa is much smoother than the heavier textured Gold Brown Merino leather.

I must say that the Merino leather still feels nice and soft even though it's clearly more durable than the Nappa :M5thumbs:

Personally, I've chosen extended Caramel Merino leather.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Here's a picture of Caramel Merino leather so you can compare:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts