BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only starting a new thread as I can't seem to find a definitive answer. Is there a way to have the cigarette plug power turn off when the key is removed from the ignition? I have a BT adapter and I would like it to power down when I remove the key and exit the vehicle. Currently it stays on and when I (and my phone) travel beyond Bluetooth range and lose connection with the adapter I have to sometimes unplug and replug the adapter to get it to recognize my phone again. Also, I believe that leaving the adapter powered on is not great for the battery.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I bought an adapter that plugs into the flash light charger in the glove box, with a cig socket output. This is switched with the ignition.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I am aware of the flashlight adapter but I want a sollution for the cig lighter

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Other than that I guess taking it apart and rewiring it into something like the flashlight charger circiuit that is switched is the only way. But there is always a way, just depends how much work you want to do LOL.

I also seem to remember reading the power to the rearview mirror is switched with the ignition so you can tap into that too. This is useful when mounting a V1 or other radar detector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts