BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, so I know a guy with a 2010 528i with cic navi and I convinced him to trade me all his cic for my ccc and $800. I also told him it will be completely bolt on bolt off with some coding.

Just wanted some tips on what I might need from the stealer, and tools, etc. to get the job done completely so he won't hesitate as he was skeptical to begin with but I can't let the opportunity fail!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Forgot to ask, will this even be possible?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Read Only
1,256 Posts
I don't know that I've ever read of someone downgrading their system. Seems possible but I doubt there is a big market for that so you may have trouble finding help for his car. Good luck though.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
ive done about 10 of these retrofits over time.

it is not, i repeat not bolt on bolt off. not unless you swap out your entire center console for his along with his HVAC controls and quite a few other things.

beyond that, you will need coding....both his car and yours. the vehicle build order understands the car to have an exact list of equipment and communicates with each module accordingly. if you switch that around, you have to update/rewrite the vehicle order with coding.

beyond that, the CIC Nav will not work in your car unless you get new activation codes that sync up with your VIN number or purchase an emulator. buying an OEM activation code can be pricey....keep that in mind. your amp may also need updating or you wont get sound out of any of the speakers....matter of fact you might want to update all the software on every module in your car before beginning the install and CIC coding process.

there's no cheap way around this...

i would do much more research on this before you touch anything or you may end up with both cars at the steelership being corrected.

do a search on 5series.net or reach out to member nelson29 as he does these even more often than i do.

i hope this helps. sorry to be the bearer of bad news buddy. :wroom:

Hey everyone, so I know a guy with a 2010 528i with cic navi and I convinced him to trade me all his cic for my ccc and $800. I also told him it will be completely bolt on bolt off with some coding.

Just wanted some tips on what I might need from the stealer, and tools, etc. to get the job done completely so he won't hesitate as he was skeptical to begin with but I can't let the opportunity fail!

Forgot to ask, will this even be possible?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your advice, so I decided not to do the change. But all I want is to play music videos on my screen. Anyway to do that without the hassles?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts