BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After searching ages for an LCI CIC centre arm rest console and a CF dash HVAC bezel I decided to phone around some breakers and managed to find not 1 but 2 sets of CIC kits both as complete sets, including the hvac dash panel and bezel as well as the centre arm rest console.

I then went about sourcing for a combox media, the glovebox USB and USB cable as well as the armrest USB and aux in. Finally what was left to purchase were the monitor cables and adaptors to repin the screen and the CIC controller. All that I got from BMW directly as it was something to the tune of £100.

After a few weeks with all parts at my disposal, I was about to set about doing the fotting but then remember I'm no computer wiz so I better get someone who knows what they're doing with coding to come and install it for me. I was fine to do the hardware but since the price he quoted me for fitting everything was literally an hours extra labour over and above the coding price, it was really a no brainer.

So the day came and the guy came to my house for 7.30am. We started doing the install and by 4pm .... eveythijt is buttoned up and ready to go. No issues... nothing missing and no weirdness. I now have a fully functioning CIC with updated maps, FSC code activation, DVD in motion and all things coded correctly.

Not interested in NBT persinally but I am now looking for a good reverse camera module that won't break the bank.

My silver dash piece is also currently getting fully carbon skinned properly in order to match the OEM weave. My OCD a little too much!

Total cost:
£660 for CIC monitor and screen
£150 for combox
£140 cables from bmw
£50 for CIC hvac silver dash bezel
£150 for carbon skinning the bezel
£390 for fitting and coding
Total = £1540 GBP

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nice one mate, i was after a LCI CIC centre arm rest (needed leather stitching to match interior) but couldnt find one anywhere, just so i could change the 1 button idrive lol
I made the mistake of buying a full carbon interior trim kit but only to realise once trying to get the air con trim on the buttons where bloody different as i think there was pretty much zero cars after 2007 which had carbon in them., now i have 2005-2007 carbon aircon trim piece for sale lol

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear mate.

I have a spare silver CIC LCI dash panel (no buttons though) and my other friend has a spare CIC LCI armrest with the CIC buttons for sale. The HVAC control panel is about £100 off Ebay

I would like £140 posted for the silver panel and he wants £200 for the centre armrest which includes the controller.

These two items are the most sought after for a retrofit as you can always get the CIC feom an lci 6 series. For example mine was off a 2010 635D lol.

UK based too fyi.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
I already replace the trim mate. I did not change all mine to LCI idrive but went android system instead which is a million times easier and still keeps the oem system in place. I just wanted to change the centre console to the LCI one as the controller is slightly different shape and don't want to wreck my stock console.
Is your mates stitched black leather type which matches the dash etc?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already replace the trim mate. I did not change all mine to LCI idrive but went android system instead which is a million times easier and still keeps the oem system in place. I just wanted to change the centre console to the LCI one as the controller is slightly different shape and don't want to wreck my stock console.
Is your mates stitched black leather type which matches the dash etc?
Oh woops sorry! I misread!

Yes it's all black stitched leather with the CIC controller and he is Bolton based. He won't post as doesn't have the boxes and doesn't esnt any damage in transit however if you can collect he may drop the price £10/15 I'm sure.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Cool mate, im near oxford. Is he on the instagram?
How you liking the KWs? they were amazing when I had them on my Z M Coupe. I would of gone the same route if I didn't have warranty lol

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool mate, im near oxford. Is he on the instagram?
How you liking the KWs? they were amazing when I had them on my Z M Coupe. I would of gone the same route if I didn't have warranty lol
He isn't on IG but on fb. I can send you his number if you don't mind sending my a spam or dropping me a note on IG @that.m6

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh and loving the Kws. Absolute weapon now Haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts