BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has the stock chrome kidneys on it, and I've seen plenty of aftermarket blacked out kidneys, but what I would really like is to maintain the chrome bezel and just black out the fins (kind of like a more modern BMW look).

I haven't seen any of these out there though, was wondering if anyone on here has? I would even be open to taking some of the material that people use to "wrap" cars, do cut outs and wrap the front and sides of the fins (would be a lot better than electrical tape!) but I don't know how I'd go about this.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Funny thing, I noticed yesterday my car has one of those. That's right, one of them. Please forgive the highly oxidized hood and the busted foglights. My beast will be getting a front-end makeover this month.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Looks like you need some new kidneys :7:

I like the chrome and black combo, looks good. Another route that would probably be easier than vinyl wrap would be plastidip (just tape off the chrome edges).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Looks like you need some new kidneys :7:

I like the chrome and black combo, looks good. Another route that would probably be easier than vinyl wrap would be plastidip (just tape off the chrome edges).
:D Went on Amazon and ordered a can of plastidip as soon as I realized. Can't believe I've had this car for 3 months and I never noticed.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Something like the OE 525i and 530i?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ooo perfect. Good call! Thanks
I quite like that look as well. Let me know if you end up finding a P/N.

I did the inverse on my E46 M3 but I'm not sure it'll translate so well to a black car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts