BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my shipment from myprojectcars.com and it was like opening Christmas presents. Every part came in BMW OEM box. These guys use real OEM parts and overlay for no fitment issues. I ordered all of the parts last week and they arrived on Saturday, so I received today. They are based in Hong Kong, but the quality is second to none IMO. They are a little more expensive, but worth it IMO. I ordered a CF SMG shift knob from them some time ago and I was very pleased with the quality. With the M6 I decided to go ALL CF interior. All of the shipment arrived as promised sooner than expected. There are only a couple of items lacking and that is because I requested a couple of parts custom (Window switch covers and Upper mirror covers). Will post pics later this week after I get a chance to install. I would highly recommend these guys if you are looking for CF parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
on the steering bottom half piece, do they just stick on the orginal plastic piece or u have to replace it.
thanks.

I just received my shipment from myprojectcars.com and it was like opening Christmas presents. Every part came in.....

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I will do it myself, but I need to look up how to remove the lower cover. I have a lot of research to do before attempting this install. Most of the pieces are pretty straightforward and easily snap-on. But, I am not sure about the lower cover. It came with screws. Ahhh,:lightbulb:, I bet it screws on from the back side. I will investigate when I get the car back today and let you know.

And contact Kevin at [email protected]. He can help you out.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes, I will do it myself, but I need to look up how to remove the lower cover. I have a lot of research to do before attempting this install. Most of the pieces are pretty straightforward and easily snap-on. But, I am not sure about the lower cover. It came with screws. Ahhh,:lightbulb:, I bet it screws on from the back side. I will investigate when I get the car back today and let you know.

It's easy. Disconnect battery, remove airbag. You will see 4 torx screws around the center of the wheel. unscrew those, flip the assembly that comes loose over and you'll see the screws for the cover. install new cover, tighten everything back and you're good to go. Not even a 15 minute job.

-felix

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Wow congrats on the CF pieces...it would be Xmas and Happy bday to me if i get one of those:thumbsup:
A little easier than the brake job you have upcoming, eh?

·
Registered
187 Posts
A little easier than the brake job you have upcoming, eh?

yup. Actually that's not that hard either, other than bleeding the lines. It's not easy to get to the master cylinder on the E60s. I might just leave it to a mech once I test fit the brakes to make sure they clear the 18s.

·
Registered
76 Posts
thanks bro, ur a big help.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Cosmetics are one thing, let's hope they fit as good as they look. Please postm after you,ve installed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts