·
Registered
422 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks good but here's a tiny detail that will make you happy. See the roundels on your wheel have that silver rim? Buy a black sharpie paint pen and cover that up...tiny detail makes a huge difference.

Make sure it's a sharpie PAINT pen not a normal sharpie.
Thanks! I was thinking about that and how I could get them black.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks got it off eBay. Glad to finally have gotten it though. Quality is good but I had to file a claim with eBay for him to get off his rear and ship it.. 11 days after it should've shipped. All things said, I'm happy with the product.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Thanks got it off eBay. Glad to finally have gotten it though. Quality is good but I had to file a claim with eBay for him to get off his rear and ship it.. 11 days after it should've shipped. All things said, I'm happy with the product.

I got mine from the bay as well. Came color matched and the paint is just as nice as OEM....might even be better. I was very surprised by the quality, fit, finish and paint of the one I received.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looks good but here's a tiny detail that will make you happy. See the roundels on your wheel have that silver rim? Buy a black sharpie paint pen and cover that up...tiny detail makes a huge difference.

Make sure it's a sharpie PAINT pen not a normal sharpie.
Done! Yes, it does look way better! Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
How did you mount your roof spoiler? I always had fears of one of those flying off at high speed and hitting the car behind me lol.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How did you mount your roof spoiler? I always had fears of one of those flying off at high speed and hitting the car behind me lol.
Kind of have that fear also but it needs a little modification so I am having the shop fix it and will get ideas on mounting though the 3M tape stuck it pretty good. I think the most common reason for lifting is that it isn't completely flush with the roof.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts

Excellent question! I bought a CF roof spoiler for my E60 530 from eBay a few years back. Fitment was so so and I had the same fears as you mentioned. 3M automotive tape didn't really cut it on glass and the top of those spoilers attach to the rubber window seal. I ended up using windshield adhesive and taped it down on the ends for a day or two. It was fine but i pity the guy who tries to take it off. I'm sure the high quality pieces like AC schnitzer and Hamann mount up well, but I would not use the China/eBay stuff again.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Kind of have that fear also but it needs a little modification so I am having the shop fix it and will get ideas on mounting though the 3M tape stuck it pretty good. I think the most common reason for lifting is that it isn't completely flush with the roof.

I had the same problem with fitment. Arc of the piece was not right and wouldn't lay flat on glass.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts