BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, not posting much or at all lately, I've just been lurking around.

As I think a few of you already know, a while ago I wrote a quick article about how Koenigsegg started his business back in the nineties, based on what I found on another website. Eventually, those info proved to be wrong, as I was contacted by Mr Koenigsegg himself.
That said, he is a very nice guy, I really enjoyed talking to him and his direct interest into this.

As the original article was saying Koenigsegg purchased a project and evolved it into the CC prototype, Mr K was willing to make justice to his company and most of all to his efforts. Through a series of emails we managed to put together a simple yet effective interview, mainly focused on the early days of the company with some very interesting facts and pictures I've never seen before.

Well, you can read the rest of the story over these three links (hope it's OK to post them here):

20.1 Sweden Ain’t That Cold: Christian Von Koenigsegg gives us a quick interview on how he made his dream come true

20.2 Theory of Evolution: the interview with Christian Von Koenigsegg goes on

20.3 More Is Never Enough: Last Addition to Koenigsegg's Line-Up Is Just Insane, perfect way to end an interview

Be aware the first part is a bit harsh on BMW's SUVs (don't ask how I ended talking about that), I know this is first of all a Bimmer forum after all :eek:

Should you have any further question, just drop me a line, maybe I can help.

Enjoy the articles and the galleries kinggf

·
Moderator koenigseggboard.com
1,064 Posts
Awesome post, TIJ. Saw this on one of your other hangouts :), was hoping you'd post it here! Many thanks. Great archival photos and information.

Absolutely jealous that you got to talk to Mr. Koenigsegg directly, that is awesome :imnotworthy:. Still one of my goals! Send him our appreciation!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome post, TIJ. Saw this on one of your other hangouts :), was hoping you'd post it here! Many thanks. Great archival photos and information.

Absolutely jealous that you got to talk to Mr. Koenigsegg directly, that is awesome :imnotworthy:. Still one of my goals! Send him our appreciation!

Thanks, I actually thought it already made it here. :)

Mr K is really a nice guy, I was really surprised he did contact me directly.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Great post! I loved th ebelow quote, and it has been aroubd for 35-40 years :)

“However, my design philosophy is that of the Porsche 911. Even if the 997 is technically very different from a 993, to the untrained eye the look very similar when passing by on the road. Still the 997 is a very capable and modern car. The philosophy is to only change what needs to be upgraded in order to maximize function, handling, performance and compliance, nothing else. Especially important to avoid trends as the cars should be as timeless as possible.”

1 - 6 of 6 Posts