BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just remembered this website that provides traffic incidents and conditions to/by the CHP. I posted it a few years ago and thought it might be of use to Californina M5ers so here it is again:

http://cad.chp.ca.gov/

Click on the "type" column to get details. I think it is self updating. It's pretty cool.:M5thumbs:

I also used to check sfgate.com (find traffic link on top of website) to check on Bay Area bridge conditions. I'm not sure how accurate it is though.

:typing:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
WOW.

I've been using the CHP web page for year or so. It's cool.

But SigAlert's site rocks (except that it charges $12.95 a year for custom route access & notifications). There is a 2 week trial. (And I'll bet you'll be hooked!) But it let's plan out exact routs, and based on the road speed sensors, it'll tell you how long it will take you to get from "Work" to "Home", or any other planned route. Plot out a few routes, and see which will be the fastest (ignoring any accidents that happen as you are driving, of course).

Technology is cooooool!

:wroom:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use traffic.com They just enhanced it to use Flash. Pretty neat, just like the others. All we need now is to have a way to recieve the information realtime in our NAVs. I hear XM has something like that. Haven't seen it personally though.

louv said:
WOW.

I've been using the CHP web page for year or so. It's cool.

But SigAlert's site rocks (except that it charges $12.95 a year for custom route access & notifications). There is a 2 week trial. (And I'll bet you'll be hooked!) But it let's plan out exact routs, and based on the road speed sensors, it'll tell you how long it will take you to get from "Work" to "Home", or any other planned route. Plot out a few routes, and see which will be the fastest (ignoring any accidents that happen as you are driving, of course).

Technology is cooooool!

:wroom:

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've been using 511.org

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
The new Acura RL has XM Traffic info mapped onto their Nav systems. Looks cool.

Almost a reason to go back to Acuras... or not. ouich

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
swingkat420 said:
All we need now is to have a way to recieve the information realtime in our NAVs.
Well truth is most OEM European systems do that now as do some after market units. In addition to receiving realtime input, the NAV system will start computing detour route according to the user defined settings. :flag:
Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts