1) Do they make chips for BMW’s that allow a switch between various programs including the factory program? The mustang has a switch in the glove box that allows you to instantly switch between 5 different programs, including DSC off, factory setting, etc? Sport on would be nice!!
2) What figure is used to reflect what HP is lost due to “heat soak”? What is “heat soak”? Isn’t any car that’s been running awhile heat soaked?
3) What things have you people been programming into your chips? Why?
4) What chip companies do you like and why?
5) Can you change the programs as you need to reflect air temp/humidity and the like at the track for example?
6) Did you remove the governor?
7) Raise the rev limiter?
8) Any other recommendations/tips/precautions from anyone out here?
THANKS VERY MUCH!
—how they can feel the power-whew! then cherrsagai
I'll try and give it a chop.
1) I know this can be done with cars that have a physical chip change. They can make a board that has two different chips on it and a sitch to toggle between the two. I don't know that they can do it for cars like the Beast, where there is no Physical chip replacement, only a download.
2) As Every vehicle is different, there is no equasion to reflect heat soak loss. (Best guess, a little bit hiha )
3) Raise Rev limiter (More speed), Raise Idle (Keeps uber clutch quiet), Delimit the speed limiter (To walk away from other beasts at 250 Km/hr), Head snapping throttle response with sport (Just to show off)
4) Powerchip. They have the most avanced system to upgrade a chip. They were the First to crack the Beast when most others said it could not be done. They can look at all parameters. (They use windows based system, whilst most others are still in the stoneage using Dos).
5) Optimum is optimum.
6) Hell YES ! and tested it a few times.
7) Yes, at first I went for 7,450 and loved it. But when I fitted the uber clutch, BMW reset the computer or something and wiped the chip. I felt a little spooked by others so reduced it to 7,300 the same as Dinan. But I never had a problem with either. Just a little paranoid.
8) Control your expectations on the Beast. There is not gobs of Power to be had. The Chip is great bang per buck, but if the ONLY reason you get it is to see a higher Dyno number, you'll most likely be disappointed with a Beast chip. Its more about, smoothness, drivability, raised revs, no limiter and for those with an uber clucth, peace restored.
Caution, Chipping becomes an illness. :haha: I chip everything, I can't help myself.