BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
161 - 180 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ok, guys, need everyone whose attending to confirm the new location in the Glen. actually the parking lot i was talking about is just north of the Yard House on Sable Drive. take a look at the google map where it is. It would be a great location to meet. the address for Yard House is below as well.

google map of the parking lot i was talking about. i couldn't circle it, but i centered the map on it

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=....090982,-87.826091&spn=0.001732,0.004163&z=18

Yard House
1880 Tower Dr
Glenview, IL 60025
Phone: (847) 729-9273

This is the google map of where the restaurant is
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...342&spn=0.006927,0.016651&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

·
Registered
65 Posts
i can't make it there before 2 pm. hopefully you guys are still there

·
Registered
470 Posts
ok, so that it's clear where we are meeting. we will be meeting at the parking lot on the corner of Sable and Tower Dr at 1pm. Let's keep it 1 pm since that was the original time. afterwards we will go to Yard House that's near by.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Looks like we're going to try and make it.

+1 (Struth, Mrs Struth and our new addition, Olivia)
Sorry to OT a bit but CONGRATULATIONS!:happybirt (I know she's not an M5 but I would still love to see a picture of her here anyway :7: )

Anyone thought about renting a track for future meets?

I don't have any experience with it,...but ...I can't think of a better way to spend a day....then with a bunch of M's at a private racetrack.
I know that always sounds like a great idea!!! I think folks have run into trouble doing it because of expense and insurance and liability issues? So until someone finds a way to make it work, maybe the second best thing would be coming out to a track like Road America with one of the local clubs like Badger Bimmers , Milwaukee PCA, Northwoods Shelby, Midwest F Body, etc for a DE event?

------Anyway I'm sad to missing this Saturday's meet. Looks like everyone should pay attention here for the latest details!-----------------

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
maybe the second best thing would be coming out to a track like Road America with one of the local clubs like Badger Bimmers , Milwaukee PCA, Northwoods Shelby, Midwest F Body, etc for a DE event?
Good to hear from you Anita! I know you spend much more time on that 'other' board...:bawling:

Anyway, I think this is a great idea!

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
err...I still think it would be a better idea to reschedule. while the garage idea sounds cool, I think it would be much better to reschedule for nicer weather instead of saturday when it suppossed to rain/snow with a high in the low 40's which is not fun. anyone else sick of the cold and feeling this way?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Torned - get Beast wet or not??!!

So I was excited for the meet last weekend, since I was on a golf course. But seeing snow coming, I am thinking about unpacking my snowboards..!!!

If the meet is still on, and at the Yard House garage, I'll swing by, since I'm only 15min away. Still am hoping for a huge meeting on a sunny weekend.

BTW - anyone interested in coming down to Chicago Sat night at 10:30 to see a band play? Elbo Room - I'll be drumming... :)

Keep me posted if event is still on, I'll get the camera ready.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Parking structure in Glenview works! I think it is a great idea to met in a garage environment to protect us from the weather. What is the garage location so that our members can meet us there?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Parking structure in Glenview works! I think it is a great idea to met in a garage environment to protect us from the weather. What is the garage location so that our members can meet us there?
if you look at the post #166, it says: "parking lot on the corner of Sable and Tower Dr"

·
Registered
470 Posts
i don't know the exact address, can't look it up on google maps, but as mentioned earlier, its on the corner of Sable and Tower Drive. it's a big parking lot, you can't miss it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Meet at the Glen works. As long as there's no accumulation, I should still be able to make it. I don't think summer performance tires would work well in snow regardless of AWD

-Awais

·
Registered
470 Posts
if we get a majority to chime in, we could also move the meet to another day. however, it looks like it will be nice all week next week, EXCEPT Friday/Saturday, which means we might be waiting a while. either case, it sucks. the fact that i got the car detailed and the wheels redone won't even matter:mad:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Meet at the Glen works. As long as there's no accumulation, I should still be able to make it. I don't think summer performance tires would work well in snow regardless of AWD

-Awais
OT: O-Ace you had a vette before right?

I'm out for this weekend's meet due to weather. it Sucks, but summer will be here soon. I think the track day idea is good, everyone should make it to Roadamerica for oktoberfast with the Badger club it's a ton of fun.

So much fun I went through Pads, Rotors, and Tires in one day last year on my M6 (and promptly traded it in for my 997)! :M5rev:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Granted, a week is a long time and can encompass at least eight or nine seasons but the 7 day forecast has next Sat. the 19th being 67deg. Even if the are wrong buy a bunch (gasp!) it would almost certainly make for a better day. My $0.02.

E

161 - 180 of 271 Posts