·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Details from a previous post:

Ram Restaurant & Big Horn
Address: 1901 Mcconnor Pkwy, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Phone: (847) 517-8791

Right by IKEA and Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg. If you turn by the Joe's Crab Shack off of Golf Road by Woodfield Mall, you wind around an access road that goes right next to I-90 and you'll see the RAM.

There is a large parking lot on the south side of the RAM where an office building is. I figured we could park there, away from the main restaurant parking lot which will fill up, and check out each other's cars.

SEE EVERYONE SATURDAY!!!!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Guys:

I will try to make it as the kiddies have a class til 1 pm. Please someone take pics and post.

RKM
:flag:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Anita said:

Address: 1901 Mcconnor Pkwy, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Phone: (847) 517-8791

Right by IKEA and Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg. If you turn by the Joe's Crab Shack off of Golf Road by Woodfield Mall, you wind around an access road that goes right next to I-90 and you'll see the RAM.

There is a large parking lot on the south side of the RAM where an office building is. I figured we could park there, away from the main restaurant parking lot which will fill up, and check out each other's cars.

Anita, bringing the m coupe? I am thinking of driving mine down.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tannad said:
Anita, bringing the m coupe? I am thinking of driving mine down.
So sorry!! I would love to, but it's all apart right now :hihi: It's getting a new diff, 3.73 and it's currently set up for track--like major negative toe up front, more neg camber, r compound tires and track pads--it would run everybody off the way the brakes squeel--just ask the struth's--they know all about track pad squeel now too. :7:

I will try to get it down there sometime--look forward to seeing your Coupe!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Anita

So sorry!! it would run everybody off the way the brakes squeel--just ask the struth's--they know all about track pad squeel now too. :7:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yes, we do indeed! A fellow Board member who has heard them in street traffic told us that we sound worse than a CTA bus!!!!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mrs_Struth said:
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Anita

So sorry!! it would run everybody off the way the brakes squeel--just ask the struth's--they know all about track pad squeel now too. :7:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yes, we do indeed! A fellow Board member who has heard them in street traffic told us that we sound worse than a CTA bus!!!!
HA HA And I'm sure you still have them on 'cause you love the sound so much. Now all you need are some for your Mini :crying:

·
Registered
312 Posts
I wonder if I could get anyone to volunteer the equipment to help us do it on Saturday?! :3: :D

[and on a TOTALLY unrelated note, I made a very minor adjustment to my seating position in the MINI, and found that my shifts are now far smoother.ouich If I'd only done that a year ago. . . .]

RKM said:
Heym how do we get rid of that track pad squeal??? Change pads?

RKM??????

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anita said:
HA HA And I'm sure you still have them on 'cause you love the sound so much. Now all you need are some for your Mini :crying:
How'd you guess? I'm surprised we haven't been cited for noise violation.

·
Registered
103 Posts
RKM said:
Heym how do we get rid of that track pad squeal??? Change pads?

RKM??????
Not so easy out on Racine with Cubs traffic wizzing by.cherrsagai :wroom: Can I change them at your house?:biggrin:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Friday morning bump!

See you all tomorrow! I'll have my digital camera for sure!

FORECAST SAYS 72 AND SUNNY!!

-Matthew

·
Registered
201 Posts
Re: Chicago Folks/Anyone Else--See You This Sat, The 21st at Noon At Ram Restaurant!!

I'll be there at noon representing in the E34. If anyone misses this M5 meet, you'll never forgive yourself! :)

MT JTN said:
Friday morning bump!

See you all tomorrow! I'll have my digital camera for sure!

FORECAST SAYS 72 AND SUNNY!!

-Matthew

·
Registered
201 Posts
Anita said:

Thanks see you there!! :happybirt :cheers:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Re: Chicago Folks/Anyone Else--See You This Sat, The 21st at Noon At Ram Restaurant!!

Had a great time today meeting everyone. We had a nice big parking lot to show off our cars and my lunch was pretty good (with a tall, frosty beer). cherrsagai

I uploaded all the pictures I took to my website so have a look-see. I also posted the two videos I took of Edgar's beautiful blue E39 M5 driving around. The quality of the videos is marginal at best, but hey, at it's better than nothing I suppose.

We'll have to do this again soon!

http://www.e12m535i.com/E34_M5/M5_meet_May21_05/

·
Registered
680 Posts
Firstly, it was an absolute blast yesterday, everybody.

You were all so fun and the cars were great - I had a great time. I very much hope to have another rally this summer. Perhaps at Fall Line? I want to see those S2s!

Quickly, should we be worried about license plates being shown everywhere or not? I was thinking of blurring all of them out in the pics that I post, but if everyone else isn't...

I'll post my pics later when I get back on my DSL line. Take care everyone, thanks again.

-Matthew

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Sorry I'm slow in saying this, I had to leave town yesterday at the last minute....but THANKS to everyone who came out and made it such a great time. It was really great to have met everyone, and their cars:haha: I wish I could have come sooner then 12 and left later then 3--next time I'll just have to camp out there!! HA HA.

I'm loving all the pictures too. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post them!!!

Next time I look forward to getting to know everyone even better. Ahhh, I need more time!!

Now speaking of next times, when's our next event??:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PS Tried to "race" jhowton" on the way home, but didn't do a very good job of it. At least I didn't run through the toll booth without paying like I did on the way down:hihi:

Anita

·
Registered
298 Posts
Anita said:
PS Tried to "race" jhowton" on the way home, but didn't do a very good job of it. At least I didn't run through the toll booth without paying like I did on the way down:hihi:
Anita
I think I had the advantage of knowing where I was going...

Glad you made it home. I posted these in the other thread too.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts