BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i came out from dinner to my car parked in the street. Which RARELY ever happens. Ive parked my car in the streets for a total of 2 hours in the past 5 years. All other times are in the garage. This is what i get. I am pissed. :mad::mad::mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
so you had 3 violations which you got cited for, where's the problem? i run no front plate and understand that i can be potentially pulled over because of it, which i have, but i dont complain because i got caught breaking the law.

waste of a thread

·
Registered
20 Posts
try using this to contest the tinted windows...

I am writing to contest ticket number ##########. Effective 30 October Illinois House Bill 3325 ammended Public Act 096-0815 to allow “nonreflective tinted film that does not allow less than 50% light transmittance” on the front windows of vehicles.
Chicago cannot enforce violations coded 09-76-220(b) as it pertains to equipment, of which Chicago does not have Home Rule jurisdiction. IL Motor Vehicle Code allows certain combinations of tint including front tint and cannot be overridden by Home Rule in accordance to the IL Municipal Code (65 ILCS 5/1‑2.1‑2).
You will find enclosed: 1) a photograph of my vehicle demonstrating compliance with HB3325, 2) a copy of HB 3325 with the relevant changes highlighted, 3) a copy of the Illinois General Assembly’s Bill Status website showing the effective date of HB 3325.
Thank you for your time.

tinted front plate cover you can probably rectify and submit photos.

just look up the code violations and see if you can fix them..

g'luck

·
Registered
301 Posts
so you had 3 violations which you got cited for, where's the problem? i run no front plate and understand that i can be potentially pulled over because of it, which i have, but i dont complain because i got caught breaking the law.

waste of a thread
+1

·
Registered
100 Posts
try using this to contest the tinted windows...

I am writing to contest ticket number ##########. Effective 30 October Illinois House Bill 3325 ammended Public Act 096-0815 to allow “nonreflective tinted film that does not allow less than 50% light transmittance” on the front windows of vehicles.
Chicago cannot enforce violations coded 09-76-220(b) as it pertains to equipment, of which Chicago does not have Home Rule jurisdiction. IL Motor Vehicle Code allows certain combinations of tint including front tint and cannot be overridden by Home Rule in accordance to the IL Municipal Code (65 ILCS 5/1‑2.1‑2).
You will find enclosed: 1) a photograph of my vehicle demonstrating compliance with HB3325, 2) a copy of HB 3325 with the relevant changes highlighted, 3) a copy of the Illinois General Assembly’s Bill Status website showing the effective date of HB 3325.
Thank you for your time.

tinted front plate cover you can probably rectify and submit photos.

just look up the code violations and see if you can fix them..

g'luck
This doesn't matter, Chicago feels that it's window tint law supercedes the state laws, which isn't actually the case. The city is broke so they're ticketing people for anything and everything they can. There's a facebook group dedicated to the state tint law and Chicago ignoring it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
It's not the cops that is the problem, know your area laws and follow them and you want have this problem. You had to know you were in valiation...if not, you do now.

Reactions: sadcaper

·
Registered
1,857 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Damn: tints / lic plate cover and no front plate tickets while parked? Absurd!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
are these fine violations or Fix it tickets, that you fix and show the local PD and it is off the record ? Or do you have to pay a fine and still fix the issue ? Anyways to write you up for 3 is pretty bad, actually I would qualify for (tint & no front plate also), it;s gonna happen some day, I have that feeling

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
The middle ticket is technically wrong.

Looks like they cited you for a violation that requires moving:

09-76-220(a)* Obstructed Windshield, Sidewings, or Side Window or Non-reflective Tint beyond 6" of the Top of the Windshield during operation $25.00
09-76-220(b)* Vehicle equipped with Non-reflective, Smoked, or Tinted Glass or Film on windshield, sidewings, or side windows while parked or standing $25.00

You were cited for a...but should have been b.... wonder if they'll correct it in the official charge.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The middle ticket is technically wrong.

Looks like they cited you for a violation that requires moving:

09-76-220(a)* Obstructed Windshield, Sidewings, or Side Window or Non-reflective Tint beyond 6" of the Top of the Windshield during operation $25.00
09-76-220(b)* Vehicle equipped with Non-reflective, Smoked, or Tinted Glass or Film on windshield, sidewings, or side windows while parked or standing $25.00

You were cited for a...but should have been b.... wonder if they'll correct it in the official charge.
None of that matters.. state law says that you can have either 35% tint all around (except on the front windshield) or 30% on the back and 50% in the front. It's legal everywhere BUT Chicago who is ignoring the state law. If you come in from out of state with tinted windows, they'll ticket you. If you live out of Chicago but park it in town, they'll ticket you. It's absurd.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Way to take responsibility for your actions. It's not the cops fault you broke the laws and got caught. The title of your thread should be: "Got 3 tickets in one night, that sucks."

I rarely post in the forums, but comments like these get under my skin. We all do things that are technically contrary to the law, but for Pete's sake, don't ***** about it when you get called on it.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
If he has legal tints then I'd be pissed off too. I got a $200 ticket even though I have legal tints all the way around. Good luck OP.

·
Registered
571 Posts
If I'm reading this correctly, 2 tickets were given by 1 person and the 3rd was given by a 2nd person with a different badge number...All 3 were issued at the SAME TIME! What a coincidence! Looks like they ganged up on you. Pay the ticket and move on...not a moving violation.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Oh man... I didn't even notice that because I didn't really pay attention but you're right...2 tickets from one badge number and 1 from another

1 - 20 of 28 Posts