BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:) Hello guys,

I thought I would share a few shots of the recent updates performed on the M6 over the long Chicago winter. I am not a shutter bug so please be kind regarding pic. quality. It's the best my Cannon SD1000 and I could do in a hurry.:hihi: Special thanks to Jack Marchwinski( M-Tech extraordinaire) who implemented the mods, Richie at Central Motor works who did a nice job on the wheels, and Andrew Wahl(co-owner of Midwest Detailing Supply) for a very sharp detail, Brad at Exclusive Auto sports, Fall Line Motor sports Racing Team in North Brook, and Chris @ C2 Designs in Tampa, FL! :applause: If you wish to contact any of these guys, please PM me.

I am going to post this first batch of pics. from last weekend. I will post more as the season and my skills at photography improve. I hope you all can enjoy them a bit. I am very happy with the car's appearance and performance!!:M5rev: I will list a complete list of mods here for the sake of context and discussion. The most recent mods from this winter will be denoted with an asterisk. I hope you all enjoy( and approve :M5thumbs:)

Mods:
*1. Head lamps, grille, and side gills darkened by Chris @ C2 Designs.

*2. RPI Scoops + BMC Filters. Thanks Eloy!

*3. Black & white cf roundels from Brad

*4. DINAN Stage I Software

*5. Eibach Spring Pro kit

*6. Supersprint x-pipe & race cans.

*7. License plate bracket(rear) removed & plate slot mounted in rear bumper.

* 8. Blacked out semi gloss powder coated wheels by Richie @ CM Werks.

* 9. Replaced CCC by BMW of Orland Park!

*10. 2008 tail lamps.

Previous mods include: sans filters, Evo pulley, Formula 1 Pinnacle series ceramic tints, iPod Aux in jack, stealth mounted Blinder M-40 & Bell STi Driver countermeasures, M6 floor mats, replace SZL sensor. :typing:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
:) Hello guys,

I thought I would share a few shots of the recent updates performed on the M6 over the long Chicago winter. I am not a shutter bug so please be kind regarding pic. quality. It's the best my Cannon SD1000 and I could do in a hurry.:hihi: Special thanks to Jack Marchwinski( M-Tech extraordinaire) who implemented the mods, Richie at Central Motor works who did a nice job on the wheels, and Andrew Wahl(co-owner of Midwest Detailing Supply) for a very sharp detail, Brad at Exclusive Auto sports, Fall Line Motor sports Racing Team in North Brook, and Chris @ C2 Designs in Tampa, FL! :applause: If you wish to contact any of these guys, please PM me.

I am going to post this first batch of pics. from last weekend. I will post more as the season and my skills at photography improve. I hope you all can enjoy them a bit. I am very happy with the car's appearance and performance!!:M5rev: I will list a complete list of mods here for the sake of context and discussion. The most recent mods from this winter will be denoted with an asterisk. I hope you all enjoy( and approve :M5thumbs:)

Mods:
*1. Head lamps, grille, and side gills darkened by Chris @ C2 Designs.

*2. RPI Scoops + BMC Filters. Thanks Eloy!

*3. Black & white cf roundels from Brad

*4. DINAN Stage I Software

*5. Eibach Spring Pro kit

*6. Supersprint x-pipe & race cans.

*7. License plate bracket(rear) removed & plate slot mounted in rear bumper.

* 8. Blacked out semi gloss powder coated wheels by Richie @ CM Werks.

* 9. Replaced CCC by BMW of Orland Park!

Previous mods include: sans filters, Evo pulley, Formula 1 Pinnacle series ceramic tints, iPod Aux in jack, stealth mounted Blinder M-40 & Bell STi Driver countermeasures, M6 floor mats, replace SZL sensor. :typing:

My friend, looks great! Great planning and getting everythind done at once.

You forgot one mod....you have 2008 taillights.

Pic request....can you please get a pic of the taillights from straightback both the parking lights and then with the brake pedal applied?

Thanks....:applause:

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your detailed eye once again Boner! Yes I do have 2008 tail lights and I will get you those pics soon. Glad you like man! :)

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Looking good Holmes! :M5thumbs:

You think the 08 taillights are worth it?

That's why I am asking for pics.....there are some key differences between the 06 and 08 lights.....

06 - has 6 LED light bars and is illuminated from the center-out

08 - have 5 LED light bars and is illuminated from outside to center and has a reflective plate on the leading edge.

I wanna see the differences....

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
That's why I am asking for pics.....there are some key differences between the 06 and 08 lights.....

06 - has 6 LED light bars and is illuminated from the center-out

08 - have 5 LED light bars and is illuminated from outside to center and has a reflective plate on the leading edge.

I wanna see the differences....
+1 More pics would be great.

Also, Holmes, did you do something with the amber reflectors
in the headlights? You have an 06, right?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes guys, the tail lamps are worth it without a doubt. I would never believe what a difference they make! they even look better in the day when not lit if that makes sense. they just look more modern. They are crazy bright at night and give the car this eerie aura surrounding the rear. I have no regrets. Yes Marshall, I have an 06 and I believe one of the earlier cars stateside! Most folks who want to discuss my car when they see it think that it's new!! Demon M6 would be proud. Where has he been by the way...? Long time. The fugly yellow corners were removed when Chris darkened the head lamps. This combo. gives the front end appearance of the car a complete aesthetic boost IMO. Thanks for the compliments and I will work on the pics. you requested but don't wait, just do it! :)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe you should tint the rear lights also... I'll make the overall look more complete
Nah, thanks though. I'm a leader not a follower ;). Dark tail lights look ghetto in my opinion. I am sure others may disagree but a nice bright tail lamp provides a nice contrast on the rear. The car looks enough like "the Bat Mobile". Dark tail lamps would be too much IMO. I appreciate the idea though.

·
Registered
814 Posts
well its not about being a leader or a follower... I just think that the car is not balanced... you got the front tinted and the rear just sticks out... when you look at the pictures your eyes will focus on the tai lights right away... which is not the prettiest part of the car... the rear end.. and it takes away from other beautiful lines of the car....

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I appreciate your opinion, thanks again. You have not seen the car in person so it's hard to generalize like that. Trust me I don't think it looks unbalanced. Not one person has been able to detect that the front was tinted except extremely anal "car guys"! Actually ...guy..it was one person. if the front was super dark and the rear unshaded, I would agree completely! :)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love it, very nice indeed.
Is it expensive to spray the wheels?
Thanks man! The funny thing is, I could have gone out and blown my wad on some nice HRE's for $8 K or go with the option I chose for $550.00!! :eek:oohhh: Needles to say that I am very happy with my decision. I just saved my fuel money for the rest of the year..er..I mean month! hmmm

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nice... let me guess, your favorite color is black.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Wow...very very sinister looking.
Love it

Yes....

Holmes...if Darth Vader drove an M6, it would be yours.... :hihi: He would just visit you at home, slice you in half with his lightsaber. He needs the key fob, even he is not strong enough to start the M6 with just the force.

·
Registered
526 Posts
if Darth Vader drove an M6, it would be yours....
+1.

Black on black all the way. You're in tune with the latest trend.

Looks great.

Cheers,

M

1 - 20 of 34 Posts