BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this happen to me last weekend -

Does this damage look like something that a body shop could repair, and then repaint just that area? If so, does anybody have a recommendation for a good body shop in the Chicago metro/suburb area?

Otherwise, I'm looking at putting a new OEM bumper on and getting it color matched to my car. If you have recommendations on a shop that does exceptional paint matching, I'd love to hear about them.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I am not from the area, however I have had a very similar type of damage repaired and painted/blended with excellent results..Myself and the shop were the only ones who knew it wasn't a new piece...

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A&L Autobody. Anthony is a big in the car community
Thanks Mark. I'm obviously interested in getting this fixed ASAP :) If it takes a new front bumper to do it right, so be it.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Bummer :(

That looks fixable. A&L has a great reputation and they are in your area. You do not need a "performance" body shop.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to apply a variation of this fix.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
[email protected]
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing