BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is a repeat question. I wanted to know if there is a better way to check the production status of my car online. Right now I log into BMW USA Owner's Circle and enter my production number, but there is not a lot of information. It just says that the status is "On Order". Will this status change as soon as I am assigned a production week, and will it tell me when my production week is? Or is there a better place to check the status online? Or do I need to get the production week from the dealer? Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
daviddavidw said:
Sorry if this is a repeat question. I wanted to know if there is a better way to check the production status of my car online. Right now I log into BMW USA Owner's Circle and enter my production number, but there is not a lot of information. It just says that the status is "On Order". Will this status change as soon as I am assigned a production week, and will it tell me when my production week is? Or is there a better place to check the status online? Or do I need to get the production week from the dealer? Thanks for any information.
I got the specific production week from BMW NA. My dealer said Sept prod, but not the week. I found BMW NA really nice and helpful. Bottom line, there really is not much more to know about your vehicle until very close to the production date (evern though I go and stare at the owners circle tracking from time to time) ouich

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Since your dealer is making all the money, he can get real-time information. My dealer actually has a nice woman who has always checked wheenever I called. Calling BMWNA will also get you real-time information, but I didn't call them often. They are also happy to do it. The owner's circle doesn't have much detail, but it should be good until around production time...then I bother the dealer or BMWNA all the time. My last BMW purchase was 2002, so maybe the owner's circle status has been enhanced.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called BMW NA, and they told me I was production week 37! I guess that puts production during the week of September 5th-12th, and at my dealer by mid October!

Can't wait. Thanks for all of the help.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
daviddavidw said:
I called BMW NA, and they told me I was production week 37! I guess that puts production during the week of September 5th-12th, and at my dealer by mid October!

Can't wait. Thanks for all of the help.
What dealership are you getting your M5 from? Peter Pan?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The three big Bay Area dealers (Peter Pan, San Francisco, and Stevens Creek)are all claiming to mark up the car "market rate" (around $20k) to as high as $50k (Stevens Creek). I called all the dealers in CA, and has the best luck at Coast BMW in SLO (This is where I am buying my car), Valley BMW in Modesto, and MY BMW in Monterey, which will all sell the car at MSRP. I think that MY BMW will only guarantee the car MSRP for locals (Also, their waiting list is now over 20). If anyone tries Coast BMW, ask for Scott Hendry, and mention me. He was really helpful with my car.

-D

Barry said:
What dealership are you getting your M5 from? Peter Pan?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts