1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I waited awhile but here it is finally.
rims: Cargraphic 19x9 front, 19x10 rear
tires: Eagle F1's 255x35 front, 275x30 rear

however, it didn't come w/o a problem. Upon inspection when i got home, the KWs were noticeably close to the sidewall. :eek:oohhh:

either the bottom coil spring or the bottom perch is rubbing on the tire sidewall as you can see from this pic. :crying2:

i'm surprised the shop did not notice this. grrrrrrr will be calling them first thing tomorrow.

so i need some of your advise. what should i do?
1) add a spacer? will 5mm do? (not sure if you can tell from the pic)
2) raise the car a bit? i really like the ride height right now. 13" up front, 12 3/4 in the rear. (from center of cap to bottom center of fender lip).
3) replace front tire to 245x35?

-joe

·
Registered
635 Posts
Looks very very nice, I like!

Just curious to know where did you get the piece around fog lights,

Regards,

Marion

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Nice wheels - look like BBS LM's :M5thumbs:

B

·
0 Posts
Looks great! Spacers are definitely in order; could be as much as 15mm. Really not a big deal.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
The cargraphic rims look great. Congratulaitons. I would definately think of addinga spacer for that issue. While they are not the best things to have on there, they are better then damaging your tire with the suspension members rubbing them.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thanks for the compliments and advice guys. guess i'll be going with 10mm spacers and matching bolts.

Mvious: those are the stock fog light holders. I had them painted along with the bumper. (had quite a collection of rock chips so had them repainted)

MPRESIV: i got the wheels from [email protected] I originally wanted to get them from [email protected] but being in California, i get taxed.

the bmw OEM center caps does NOT fit these wheels so I'm using the CG center caps. I should've just opted for their faux racing caps but that's another $500. :confused3
BTW, [email protected], your website says the CG center caps can be replaced with OEM center caps.
not true in my case.

here's some more pics:

-joe

·
10,455 Posts
wheels look great. If you want to experiment, i have a set of 3mm spacers you could try out (i still need them, for my track wheels, but temporarily). You'd want the thinnest spacer you can get away with.
Mike

·
Registered
240 Posts
The car looks awesome! :thumbsup:

I have a Question -I have 19x10 rear and 19x8 front wheels w/ same tire set up but in the Michelins. I have really been wanting to do a coil over suspension setup. Yours I noticed is KW.

First-what setup did you go with

Second-did you have to roll the fenders, either front or rear to fit the wheels and tires after the suspenion drop.

·
Registered
240 Posts

I have a Question -I have 19x10 rear and 19x8 front wheels w/ same tire set up but in the Michelins. I have really been wanting to do a coil over suspension setup. Yours I noticed is KW.

Second-did you have to roll the fenders, either front or rear to fit the wheels and tires after the suspenion drop.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mottati said:
wheels look great. If you want to experiment, i have a set of 3mm spacers you could try out (i still need them, for my track wheels, but temporarily). You'd want the thinnest spacer you can get away with.
Mike
Mike,

thank you very much for the offer. I spoke with my shop this morning and they have 3mm spacers and we'll test them out tomorrow. If these give enough clearance, do you think the stock bolts will suffice? the shop says it should be okay. just want to get another opinion.

also, assuming 3mm clears it from a stance. how about when the car leans to one side when taking a hard corner?

I'd appreciate your input. thanks.

-joe

B

·
0 Posts
cebu said:
the bmw OEM center caps does NOT fit these wheels so I'm using the CG center caps. I should've just opted for their faux racing caps but that's another $500. :confused3
BTW, [email protected], your website says the CG center caps can be replaced with OEM center caps.
not true in my case. -joe
Thanks for the heads-up. I will have this changed. You could very easily have a custom shop fabricate OEM roundels that will work for you. You could even pull apart the OEM center caps to reveal the metal roundel disks (a very simple task) and then trim them down to fit the CG center caps (some glue will take care of the rest).

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thunderbird said:

it's the Variant 2 flavor. the dampening, as i remember, is set at 1 1/4 turn from full soft. current ride height is 13" up front, 12 3/4 in the rear. (from center of cap to bottom center of fender lip). the fronts were actually much lower setup before when i was running stock rims. they bottom out on certain bumps on the road. you can tell from 3rd picture in my original post, that shiny thread section was where the front setting used to be. the rears did not change this time. there's no fender rubbing from either front or rear (old and new setup). but then again, my '03 came with pre-rolled fenders.

-joe

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BeastPower said:
Thanks for the heads-up. I will have this changed. You could very easily have a custom shop fabricate OEM roundels that will work for you. You could even pull apart the OEM center caps to reveal the metal roundel disks (a very simple task) and then trim them down to fit the CG center caps (some glue will take care of the rest).

Cheers, Daniel.
thanks. I think i'll give that a shot.

·
10,455 Posts
tire rack does sell 3mm longer lugs to compensate for the spacers. Sure it might be ok with the oe bolts, but why take a chance when the propper ones are available.
Mike

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Those look great on your beast! I am still a fan of the OEM rims, but those are hot. Really agressive without being overdone.
I agree with Mike on the lug issue. Spending a little bit more money to do the job right is very important when looking at a car like a beast.
:cheers:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts