BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yup. I hope you have $2000 to spare :(

Means at least pads need to be replaced and maybe rotors.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
it means you need to shop for new brakes

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
If pads are worn, rotors are likely under the safe limit. Still, check out zeckhausen for rotor- nice centrics for $320 a pair.

It's crazy to go tpo a BMW dealer and pay $2000 for brakes!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
+1 with all the guys above...brakejob time coming ahead :3:

those waranty's you guys got overthere are cool man, overhere its trow your wallet at the dealer/indyshop and start crying like a bi*ch . :hihi:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
my warranty supposedly covers rotors
Warranty only covers DEFECTIVE rotors...

Rotors that WEAR OUT will be covered by the "extended maintenance" plan.

Two different things. Know which you have BEFORE you sign the work order!

(Nerio- the extended maintenance isn't always a good but, so don't get too excited! And it is only a good buy if you are used to paying BMW dealer prices for service...)

·
Registered
364 Posts
+1 with all the guys above...brakejob time coming ahead :3:

those waranty's you guys got overthere are cool man, overhere its trow your wallet at the dealer/indyshop and start crying like a bi*ch . :hihi:
That is so true

·
Registered
377 Posts
WHAT!?!? We have brake linings?

Where are they? Could I find out about them if I READ THE OWNER'S MANUAL?

d-
It is a sad fact, but not every owner of an M5 is as courteous and considerate as we on this board are. Sometimes the previous owners forget to include things that go with the car when they sell them, like the owner's manual.

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
It is a sad fact, but not every owner of an M5 is as courteous and considerate as we on this board are. Sometimes the previous owners forget to include things that go with the car when they sell them, like the owner's manual.
Go to: http://www.bmwusa.com/

Look around (I downloaded mine 5 years ago, and I don't remember exactly). I think it was in the Owner's Circle somewhere. (You may have to sign up with them, but it is free.) You can download manuals for different years there. (PDF format).

I find it very handy to have it online.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Go to: http://www.bmwusa.com/

Look around (I downloaded mine 5 years ago, and I don't remember exactly). I think it was in the Owner's Circle somewhere. (You may have to sign up with them, but it is free.) You can download manuals for different years there. (PDF format).

I find it very handy to have it online.
Yeah, I downloaded mine as well as soon as I bought the car and realized they weren't there. Plus, I think there is a link in the FAQ section to the manuals as well.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
True. It's really too bad we don't have someplace users could go with their FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS... Maybe Gustav could implement that in the next upgrade.

In the meantime, here is the link to the owner's manuals. I found them in a thread labeled FAQ :dunno:

Ok, I'm done picking on people who don't search before asking questions. At least for tonight.

d-

·
Registered
377 Posts
True. It's really too bad we don't have someplace users could go with their FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS... Maybe Gustav could implement that in the next upgrade.

In the meantime, here is the link to the owner's manuals. I found them in a thread labeled FAQ :dunno:

Ok, I'm done picking on people who don't search before asking questions. At least for tonight.

d-
I'm just assuming you aren't aiming that response at me.

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
My car has the brake lining thing showing, though i know all rotors are brand new and so are brakes...so i assume it's the front sensor since i replaced the rear sensor.
You know what they say about people who ASSUME, don't you? It makes an A S S out of U and ME ...

It IS logical, but brand new sensors can go out too. That's why there are warranties.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts