BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This message keeps popping up, but I've checked the brake lights and they are all fine. Any thing I am missing?
TripleD

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
You don't have LED replacements for the regular bulbs, do you? That will cause this.

But are you SURE all your brake lights are OK? I seem to remember that there are two different bulbs on each side that light with brake application - along with the center light (fuzzy about this, could have been the Audi..) - all I know is that it fooled me the first time.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great and thanks. I did ask some random person to look while I applied the brakes. I better do a more diligent job.

TripleD

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
TripleD and Greg,

I concur that LED's certainly will give you this error warning. The incandents are of a single element variety unlike a single bulb with two elements required for both a turn indicator and a brake light indication with just one bulb. You could have a bulb that has changed resistance levels for some odd reason thus causing the warning. Just replace both of them or one at a time to see which is truely faulty. They are very easy to access in the trunk. The high mointed brake light is also easily changed.

Replacement bulbs are inexpensive at any location that sell replacement bulbs for cars.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts