BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am going to be pulling the trigger and ordering the BC Coil overs for my Beast. I do mainly spirited road driving with the occasional Lapping day and I feel they will more than serve my purpose.

I tried googling an onlne store, but other that BC's website, I came up empty...
Where did you buy your BC Coilovers for 1000$ (or less)?

·
Company Representative for Brecus Motorsport
773 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've found a place local that can get me them with the spring rates I want for 1200$ and that will install them for a great price, so I will be going that route for now(easier to deal with warranty in the future too). |Thanks

·
Registered
841 Posts
if you contacted them im sure theyd be willing to help.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Contact Tristian at Circuit motorsports he helped me with my order and they are cheaper than $1199 shipped with 8k/6k spring rates with the extenders

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Contact Tristian at Circuit motorsports he helped me with my order and they are cheaper than $1199 shipped with 8k/6k spring rates with the extenders
+100

Tristan treated me very wel when I bought my BC kit!!!!!!

Reactions: timmay77

·
Registered
89 Posts
absolutely call tristan at circuit motorsports great guy to deal with. definitely order the kit with 8k/6k springs and extenders for dampening adjuster.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hmm...any experience on Street (6000/5000) vs Track (8000/6000) spring rates? I was leaning more towards the street setup only to keep the car streetable as my daily driver. Any recommendations? Thx

Btw: I contacted brecus and they replied to add to cart and the price will show...$1199 it is.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
+100

Tristan treated me very wel when I bought my BC kit!!!!!!
absolutely call tristan at circuit motorsports great guy to deal with. definitely order the kit with 8k/6k springs and extenders for dampening adjuster.
Absolutely. Tristan is the man. I bought mine for a STEAL from Circuit.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
hmm...any experience on Street (6000/5000) vs Track (8000/6000) spring rates? I was leaning more towards the street setup only to keep the car streetable as my daily driver. Any recommendations? Thx
I bought the 8k/6k. I have my fronts and rears both set at 10 clicks from full soft. Very streetable. I do not track my car, just street driven. Granted, it is not my DD, but I do drive it almost everyday during the summer, weather permitting. (No rain)

·
Registered
89 Posts
my m5 is a dd and im running 4mm pre-load all round 9 clicks on the front and 11 rear when is nice out and now that its snowing im running 11 front 13 rear same 4mm pre-load all round even at 8k/6k. its softer than you would expect as i dove a 540i with the lighter spring setup was not a bit fan as he needed to running 3 clicks out from full hard for decent handling so he said to me. mined you the rears could come up a bit if you carry allot of weight in the trunk as with a fully loaded car and luggage i do get the odd bottom on sharp bumps. but im rather low.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So 8/6k it is. Do I need to ask for a specific setup?
Does it automatically come with alignment adjuster, pillow ball mounts, strut adjusting extenders. Thanks all in advance.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
So 8/6k it is. Do I need to ask for a specific setup?
Does it automatically come with alignment adjuster, pillow ball mounts, strut adjusting extenders. Thanks all in advance.
Yes, simply request your preferred spring rate. Rear damper extenders are also optional, and you'd need to request those. Pillow ball mounts and front camber kit are standard on the E39 M5 kit.

Reactions: iAintNoHercules

·
Registered
45 Posts
Would I need adjustable rear camber plates? I am so excited that I am ready to order today. :)

- Mono-tube shock design
- 30 levels of damping force adjustment
- Pillowball mounts and adjustable camber plates included*
- Adjustable rear camber plates available- Separate Full length height adjustable
- Inverted and Non-Inverted setups
- One year warranty
- Rebuildable
*Fronts, where applicable

I'll post pictures and my experience once installed for everyone.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Not needed. I am completely in BMW alignment specs without......

Reactions: iAintNoHercules

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I'm amazed that you can buy what sounds to be a quality coilover set, with PB top mounts, for £736 ($1193 in comparison)! I suppose we have to pay a bit more as they'll be imported (...?)

That is surprising. Need to do some searching on here to check out reviews and thoughts.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts