BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oil leak coming from the timing chain cover gasket , although it is not that major it is annoying and making a mess of my garage. I have been told to change the gasket the easiest way is to left the head off !. Is this true or is there a much easier way , might aswell change the tensioners aswell . Can anyone shed any light on this ?.

·
Registered
218 Posts
nickm5 said:
I have an oil leak coming from the timing chain cover gasket , although it is not that major it is annoying and making a mess of my garage. I have been told to change the gasket the easiest way is to left the head off !. Is this true or is there a much easier way , might aswell change the tensioners aswell . Can anyone shed any light on this ?.

Mine is probably due too, together with the oilpan gasket. I have read here how to do it, but can't find the thread. You don't need too lift the head though, but need to remove the oil pan. I'll keep an eye on the this thread, as the oil drops annoy me too. Might change the big end bearings at the same time, and possibly the oil pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts