BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HHHHHHELP!!,

I'm having a little trouble tracking down a set of E34 M5 rims in the UK or Europe.
For a car thats about to leave via Southampton bound again for the Australian shore.

I'd like the Staggered set of 17" Throwing-Stars as my first choice.(8x17/9x17)

I would considder a set of E34 Series II 18" M Parallels as second choice.
(Good for the eventual brake upgrade, ...if i can be bothered. :rolleyes:)

Ok, also i've found a cheap set of E38 18" M Paralles, off the late 90's 7 series.
Does anyone know of someone or has put these sucessfully on a E34 M5 Sedan or Touring model?

I have the offset details here with me from our good friends at RealOEM.com.
But it really doesn't make alot of sense to me :confused2, are these positive or negative offsets?

But if someone could just point out for me where this will affect the body?
i.e. will it rub the front or rear struts/ will they rub the gaurds front or rear?
Can a spacer be used, if so what thickness is required, and on which end requires it?

Here are the figures;
E34 Front ET 20, Rear ET 22
E38 Front ET 13, Rear ET 25
E39 Front ET 20, Rear ET 24

Gosh, thats alot to take in!:confused2:confused2 :dunno:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi, as the offset increases ( positive ) the wheel moves further inward towards the centre of the car, i believe the finish is also different when comparing the e38/e39 wheels to the e34 ones,

MIKE.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I agree, the finishes differ between the 18 M Parallels, so make sure you get the right ones.

There are quite a few Throwing star sets on ebay at the moment, check them out.

Lantz

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
The E39 ones will also need hubcentric rings as the wheelhub on that model is bigger. (54mm vs 52mm if memory serves).

German Ebay will be your quickest bet.

Regards

Ivan

Note: If push comes to shove and you really have no wheels at all, then I have a set of Cromodora Sin (Italian? Makers of M1 wheels) alloys with barely/not legal tyres that I was going to Ebay this spring.

I have no idea what they are worth, I'd have to look and see what kind of price four working E34 17" alloys goes for (£100?? more, less??), but if you are really stuffed for time and the car needs holding up off the tarmac, I could negotiate a price with you and get them delivered to Southampton as I'm only 35 miles away in Bournemouth.

As I say, if desperate and time against you. Attached is only image on Google, which shows a 16" I think.

Regards

Ivan

Attachments

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Member Konstantin uses e38 ET M-para's on his touring, and Marion has the same setup un hers. E38 wheels with 245/40 all round. Doesn't rub, kills understeer, but looks a bit stretched at the rear.

·
Super Moderator
10,461 Posts
there is a set of staggered m system wheels without covers, and with polished lip on US ebay right now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi mate, i ended up buying the car you sold to auction place.
as Jrobbo said, there s a guy in perth who s selling his set of M5 rims. let me know if you want his number. he s a member here also, DREAM5.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts