BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear that the colour palette may be extended and that BMW may introduce a Z8 style starter button. Anyone have information or thoughts on any of this? ??????

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
I hear that the colour palette may be extended and that BMW may introduce a Z8 style starter button. Anyone have information or thoughts on any of this? ??????
I've heard rumor that starting in September, E60's will get starter button and new key (like new E90).

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Not really crazy about the idea of a starter button.. seems a bit of a gimick to me, but we will probably end up with one. Extended color palette is just what the Dr ordered.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
m_five said:
I've heard rumor that starting in September, E60's will get starter button and new key (like new E90).
actually, its not a rumor, and its NOT like the E90 standard set up....the E60/E63 will get the option of Comfort Access which is currently only offered on the E65... it uses a push start/stop button when the electronic 'key' is within short range, it also is used to unlock the door within range by simply pulling the handle.....you do not use any key slot like on the E90 ...( the E90 will also get this as an OPTION in Sept orders, but its not the standard thing you see today with that key slot)

·
Registered
192 Posts
m630 said:
actually, its not a rumor, and its NOT like the E90 standard set up....the E60/E63 will get the option of Comfort Access which is currently only offered on the E65... it uses a push start/stop button when the electronic 'key' is within short range, it also is used to unlock the door within range by simply pulling the handle.....you do not use any key slot like on the E90 ...( the E90 will also get this as an OPTION in Sept orders, but its not the standard thing you see today with that key slot)
Its the same than in E90!

In Germany the E90 has already Comfort Access.
The M5/M6 will have the same key slot than E90

·
Registered
131 Posts
A little too late for you or me. Does it really make such a difference?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Maggo said:
Its the same than in E90!

In Germany the E90 has already Comfort Access.
The M5/M6 will have the same key slot than E90
nonono, its different than the standard E90, that is NOT comfort access, there is NO key slot with Comfort Access ;)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
m630 said:
nonono, its different than the standard E90, that is NOT comfort access, there is NO key slot with Comfort Access ;)
My E55 had keyless go, but also had a key slot and the push to start/stop button. The key slot and keyless go (comfort access) are not mutually exclusive.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
They say having the key out of the steering column enhances safety (ignition parts are not in the direct line of a crash then).....

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you see that key hole and the start button the first time, you will want back the old fashioned key. I'm sure :biggrin:

The plastik key will plugged in at the same place than the real key now.
If you put it in, you can press a start button.

The advantage , if you have comfort access (dont know if it will cost extra charge), you have only to sit in the car and can press the start button without using that ugly key.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
vndkshn said:
Well, since Maggo is reported to work at an electronics company associated with BMW.. I'll believe him...
so be it...but just go look at an E65 with Comfort Access and you will see who is right....trust me, there will be no dash slot.... hiha

·
Registered
192 Posts
m630 said:
so be it...but just go look at an E65 with Comfort Access and you will see who is right....trust me, there will be no dash slot.... hiha
Thats possible. But will comfort access be standart?
I dont think so.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Maggo said:
Thats possible. But will comfort access be standart?
I dont think so.

It better be! It is stupid to have to insert the key then press the start button. It makes no sense, especially if the technology is already there.

I'll throw one other possibility out- LED tail lights- or maybe they'll hold that for '07?

·
Registered
82 Posts
m630 said:
Not actually true, comfort options are on the 1 series.

·
Registered
82 Posts
e6tme said:
I'll throw one other possibility out- LED tail lights- or maybe they'll hold that for '07?
BMW seem to be keeping LED's as a standard feature of coupe models, hence the 3 series coupe, and 6 series, but not the 5.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
MattUK said:
BMW seem to be keeping LED's as a standard feature of coupe models, hence the 3 series coupe, and 6 series, but not the 5.
but the E65 has had them since inception..... BMW is just f*in with us to keep it for a not needed styling 'refresh' down the road.... ouich

1 - 20 of 20 Posts