BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to change the look of the beast b/c too many people were complimenting the look of the car. I went with a toned down 3 piece Maya MC1 20". Tell me what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
Dear god!!! Tell me that's a joke! Hideous.:eek:h:

....hey, you asked.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
why didnt you buy my maya rt5?! there still for sale if you change your mind on those hideous things......

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided to go with something different because I'm tired of the same look for such a modern car. I've done the mesh look on every BMW I've had. There's nothing wrong with a classic look but one gets tired of seeing the same thing. So what may not appeal to some may appeal to others. If it doesn't suit your eye who really cares. I like things to be conservative but different.

·
Registered
386 Posts
To each their own, but since you posted:

those wheels, IMO, just do not fit the M5... I woud liken those wheels to a bigger car like an S Class or CL but not the race inspired M5. Also those things have to weigh a ton and your performance is more than likely going to be impacted negatively.

Again, if your happy its all that matters.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Actually these wheels are very light 24lbs & 26lbs to be exact. They're lighter than the stock wheels. Now the chrome Maya's were very heavy but I didn't notice any decrease in performance. They handle extremely well and are a very well built 3 piece wheel.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
:dunno: :rolleyes: hmmm

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I like things to be conservative but different.
I am not sure these would be considered "conservative", especially with the red calipers. Conservative would be the stock wheels or similar, IMO.:)

I am not commenting on the new rims one way or another, just the explanation!
:cheers:

·
Registered
994 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Everyone's entitiled to their opinions. Yes, my taste aren't really considered conservative when compared to the stock look but buying a $100,000 car and having it look like all the others is just not for me. I don't lease my cars I buy everything so I tend to change wheels & tires and other mods frequently. I have a set of HRE 590R coming also. When they get here I'll decide then which 2 sets of wheels I will keep. I get rid of the factory look the day after I get my cars home.

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was not aware Bozo, Krusty and Ronald Macdonald had a Choffeured M5.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i usually dont post here, i just read and learn bout the M cars, but i had to post bout this, dude, not trying to be offensive, but these wheels dont suit the car at all, i know u wana go different, but u went totally different this time, ur older wheels looked better than those even tho they sucked, these wheels suit a black 300c or a charger or sumthin in that line...sorry man they gotta go!! if u want different go with rays or sumthin, i know they dont suit the car, but atleast they are made for performance cars!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the comments, but I stand by my choices as too why I buy my wheels & change them so much. I can't park my car anywhere without someone complementing it. Just like I don't get the all blacked out look for a luxury performance sedan, that really for all intense purposes is still a 5 series, some don't get my choices in wheels. When we see the M5 raced on a GT or supercar curcuit then we can fully call it a performance car. Until then it's a boosted 5 series that we all seem to really like and that's it. Now did I put anything like this on my 911 or even my E46 M3 no, because they're performance cars not 4000 lb sedans with a race car engine. And if you think we have performance car check with your insurance company and see how they have the car classified. When I sold my 05' 645ci my insurance went down when I brought the M5.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Everyone's entitiled to their opinions. Yes, my taste aren't really considered conservative when compared to the stock look but buying a $100,000 car and having it look like all the others is just not for me. I don't lease my cars I buy everything so I tend to change wheels & tires and other mods frequently. I have a set of HRE 590R coming also. When they get here I'll decide then which 2 sets of wheels I will keep. I get rid of the factory look the day after I get my cars home.
:eek7:

Since you get tired of the factory look so quickly as you say - 'soon as you get the car home' - how often do you change wheels in general, on weekly basis or what? I will tell you as i see it.. people that compliment you - they are just having laugh and a joke or they simply comment on the car!! I just cannot believe that having such a good taste in cars you have such a bad taste in wheels!!! HORRIBLE they are. I feel sick. The other day, i saw in London, e46 M3 on similar chromed wheels and it was just a sad sad sight. Trying to impress neighbours? :dunno:
You asked for opinions, don't flame me after you read it. Otherwise, put a note - only good comments welcomed!!
They look grrrrrrr NASTY

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
:eek7:

Since you get tired of the factory look so quickly as you say - 'soon as you get the car home' - how often do you change wheels in general, on weekly basis or what? I will tell you as i see it.. people that compliment you - they are just having laugh and a joke or they simply comment on the car!! I just cannot believe that having such a good taste in cars you have such a bad taste in wheels!!! HORRIBLE they are. I feel sick. The other day, i saw in London, e46 M3 on similar chromed wheels and it was just a sad sad sight. Trying to impress neighbours? :dunno:
You asked for opinions, don't flame me after you read it. Otherwise, put a note - only good comments welcomed!!
They look grrrrrrr NASTY
I don't think most of my colleagues and patients are needing to compliment me and laugh at my car behind my back. There are several expensive cars parked in the hospitals physicians lot so mine is just one of many. Yes, I keep 2 sets of wheels in my garage just because I like looking at something different from time to time.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts