BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to changing my plugs today. The car is an 01 that just rolled past 50k miles. The stock plugs looked great!! No oil or carbon deposits at all. All of the stock plugs had a greyish tanish ash look to them. I might be running a little on the lean side but nothing to really worry about. Next up is the fuel filter to see if it is starting to get clogged. The car runs much smoother and feels like its got a little more pull to it. Very, Very easy to do. I used a 3/8" 10" wobble extension along with a 5" regular extension. you can pick up the wobble extension at SEARS part # 44287 for $12. on a side note also finally hooked up my JL Audio 500.1 speaker level in and tied to the stock 10" m audio woofers. Don't worry I have it turned all the way down on the amp and use the DSP controls to boost the bass. Made an alright improvement, but still not tight enough for me. Cant wait to refoam my 12" JL Audio w3 and install it. I always knew this car was fast, but it was finally put to the test when I ran my ex-girlfriend(hopefully not an ex for to much longer) in her 01 trans am ram air automatic. Anyone familiar with the GM LS1 engine knows how strong a motor it is, well not strong enough as when I hit the top of 2nd and rolled into 3rd babying the clutch she was in the rearview. Unfournately now she wants to drive it, and this means teaching her how to drive standard in it. The things we do for love. ouich

·
Registered
593 Posts
^^ what he said..don't love my ex that much.

Vic

·
Registered
632 Posts
You will teach your ex how to drive a manual using your M5? :eek:oohhh: :nono:

Good luck...:)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
well it's either the M or one of my other cars and I kinda rather not break anything on them. Seriously though just kidding, I would go and rent the cheapest piece of crap I could find and when she's done tearing it to shreds then I would have my fun it testing the effectiveness of the handbrake at certain speeds. :haha2:

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
not calling my cars crappy, talking about a rental neon or ford ranger or something.
of all the standard cars I have I think the corvette would actually be the easiest to learn how to drive manual in. easy clutch, smooth shifting and engagement, and enough torque to help learn 1st gear without over revving.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
not calling my cars crappy, talking about a rental neon or ford ranger or something.
of all the standard cars I have I think the corvette would actually be the easiest to learn how to drive manual in. easy clutch, smooth shifting and engagement, and enough torque to help learn 1st gear without over revving.
You misinterpreted my post. I was being sarcastic about the collection of vehicles you own...

d-

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You misinterpreted my post. I was being sarcastic about the collection of vehicles you own...
d-
ah, sorry. long exhausting day at work. all good though!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts