BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think having the car fully warmed up and then pulling the coils helped a little. I mean metal expands when heated right? I took a break(1 hour) after pulling plugs 1,2,3,4,5 and definitely felt more resistance when pulling plugs 6,7,8,9,10.

cylinders 12345. I don't know when th ey were changed but I'm guessing around 15-20k miles? my car has 39k miles.

cylinders 6789 10

bridging #2 i think..

random plug

Using a rope to pull the coils helped so much! My rope was thin so I had to wrap thhe cap a couple of times just incase.

I almost fell over a couple of times pulling the last 5 coil plugs...

If anyone in the Sac area is planning on DIY I can show you in person how to pop cylinders 5 & 10.

·
Registered
306 Posts
So what is the point with the rope? Are the coils difficult to remove?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I don't know when they were changed but I'm guessing around 15-20k miles? My car has 39k miles.
To my untrained eye, these do not look all that bad. BTW, service booklet recommends spark plug change at 37,000 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
For any body ever changing the spark plugs, we all know pulling the coil packs out an be a *****.. Putting a 3/8 extension through the 2 holes makes pulling them up a breeze. Never thought about using rioe but the 3/8 fits perfectly inside the holes

·
Registered
279 Posts
If anyone in the Sac area is planning on DIY I can show you in person how to pop cylinders 5 & 10.

Where in Sac are you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts