BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anybody installed a CG Lock onto their seatbelts for trackdays, ring visits etc. If so are they any good and are they worth buying?

http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Bought one a few years ago, works OK, but I'm not too sure how it would handle a crash as all the slack in the belt is used up by only the upper torso flying forward. That may have you arriving at your airbag with a little more velocity then perhaps wanted.....

·
10,459 Posts
i have one in my e39 and have used it on several track days. I like it, it does hold you into the seat better than the standard belt, not as good as a real harness, but not too far worse.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I swear by CG-Locks - have them on the Alpina and M3. Easy to fit, comfortable and can be locked or unlocked by sliding a clip.

A few years ago my good friend Chas had a very serious accident at the Ring - car ended upside down on the armco which cut through the roof and into the dash between driver and passenger. Both Chas and his passenger were wearing CG-Locks and all of us who were there credit their survival to these £40 devices.

see http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/reviews/testimonials/crash-survivors

Cheers,

Dave.

PS With these things fitted you won't be flinging the seat belt off over your shoulder anymore or you'll lose your door glass!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Ive always wondered about a gadget like this...didnt know there was one...purchasing is a must have me thinks !...well done Richard..cheers

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is now fitted, yet to be used in anger, but it is comfortable, simple to fit, virtually invisible and fully adjustable. It ticks all of my boxes at the moment.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I got bought a CG lock for Xmas and have yet to use it. Am planning on taking it to the Ring this weekend and will report back whether it was worth it.

Jon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts