BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
I got mine from Seibon. I love the vented BM Style to keep under the hood (bonnet) cool. No matter how hard I drive and how hot outside, my car never hit the 210 mark anymore, so all under-hood components will last longer.

The one you want has too many holes for water to get in as the car stand still in park. As for mine in motion, the inside pressure keeps water out. To wash the car, I block the holes with duck-tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,327 Posts

·
Registered
7,327 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
i would get it painted anyway so the finish doesn't bother me that much... and as per the power dome - Id actually like it to be 5mm higher if that was an option..
The photo you posted is a Vorsteiner. I am fairly certain this is a VIS. You can see the dome is much higher.

I think I would rather just take these vents an cut into my hood. I'm not sure how to source the vents though.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The photo you posted is a Vorsteiner. I am fairly certain this is a VIS. You can see the dome is much higher.

I think I would rather just take these vents an cut into my hood. I'm not sure how to source the vents though.
The dome is too square and too high. Looks to muscle car.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
As much as I like the vents for heat dissipation, I'm worried about the water/maintenance issue. I do like to have a dome though and like the Siebon one (E9X M3 replica) the most. Wonder if I can find a local place to fabricate a dome on top of the stock hood.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
As much as I like the vents for heat dissipation, I'm worried about the water/maintenance issue. I do like to have a dome though and like the Siebon one (E9X M3 replica) the most. Wonder if I can find a local place to fabricate a dome on top of the stock hood.
It would have to be the same material as the Hood. I have seen too many times hood cracked at the seams of the vent/dome due to different materials used when the expansion rates are different. As we know the hoods are the hottest part of the car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I got mine from Seibon. I love the vented BM Style to keep under the hood (bonnet) cool. No matter how hard I drive and how hot outside, my car never hit the 210 mark anymore, so all under-hood components will last longer.

The one you want has too many holes for water to get in as the car stand still in park. As for mine in motion, the inside pressure keeps water out. To wash the car, I block the holes with duck-tape.
I love this hood!! Doestrogen this hood come with the holes for the nozzles to spray windshield fluid? Or did you have to cus tomorrow make it? If so how please! Thank you!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I love this hood!! Doestrogen this hood come with the holes for the nozzles to spray windshield fluid? Or did you have to cus tomorrow make it? If so how please! Thank you!
PTUNING (the shop who installed it) had to drill holes for the nozzles.

Update: for almost thee (3) years, the hood is still looking brand new:
1. No rock ding!...simply amazing.
2. Perfect shine. I regularly put spray on UV protectant after wash.
3. There are "minuscule" warp by the hood hinges. There are visible in certain lighting and angle, but others would not notice them.

Tip: Order it it during Winter months via Seibon dealer for great discount! PTUNING charge $190 for installation. I bought Reflectix and high heat spray on glue for the insulation.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Reflectix-Inc-BP24010-Reflectix-Insulation-24-X10-RFLC-INSULATION/38752784?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=795&adid=22222222227026725787&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=52587358631&wl4=pla-84467738591&wl5=9008126&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112562476&wl11=online&wl12=38752784&wl13=&veh=sem

·
Registered
272 Posts
PTUNING (the shop who installed it) had to drill holes for the nozzles.

Update: for almost thee (3) years, the hood is still looking brand new:
1. No rock ding!...simply amazing.
2. Perfect shine. I regularly put spray on UV protectant after wash.
3. There are "minuscule" warp by the hood hinges. There are visible in certain lighting and angle, but others would not notice them.

Tip: Order it it during Winter months via Seibon dealer for great discount! PTUNING charge $190 for installation. I bought Reflectix and high heat spray on glue for the insulation.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Reflectix-Inc-BP24010-Reflectix-Insulation-24-X10-RFLC-INSULATION/38752784?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=795&adid=22222222227026725787&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=52587358631&wl4=pla-84467738591&wl5=9008126&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112562476&wl11=online&wl12=38752784&wl13=&veh=sem
Useful post - thanks for the info - I am having a VIS CF XTS hood installed as we speak

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
8 Participants
JGINWS
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing