BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car just went crazy.yesterday both front doors where opening with the remote...this morning only the drivers open with the remote ..even pressing the button inside the car...my gas door actuator is bad because when i lock the car the fuel door keeps open,also i was told that if this is bad it could cause the whole system to fail..but my can only open front doors with the remote,the rear doors needs to be unlocked manually?!

what can i do to fix the problme?? thanks

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I'd start by fixing the actuator for your gas cap - it can cause the whole system to fail when it malfunctions.

If that doesn't work, try disconnecting your battery for about 10 minutes.

d-

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im waiting for the actuator to arrive..but i dont know why just the passenger side stopped working

any other inputs?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
My fuel door also won't lock. The little piece that is supposed to lock it moves when I hit press the lock button but maybe it is missing a piece?

Can someone supply a picture of their open fuel door?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
My wife has had a problem where the doors won't open, and only the trunk opens. Our X5 is equipped with keyless entry or comfort access, where you can leave the key in your pocket and theoretically open the door. Most of the time it works like a charm.

But, she said once, only the trunk would open, and even when she manually activated the open button on the remote, the door locks would not open.

Anyone else have problems?

Haven't noticed any fuel door problems.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Here you go Sor118, a couple fuel door photos, I hope it helps. I just realized I ended up in the wrong forum section, I was looking for the X5 forum. Sorry. But I will post anyway, in case it helps since it may have a similar actuation device.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Thanks Ronin. Wow, mine looks nothing like what is pictured. Why is that? I will take some pictures of mine and perhaps someone can tell me what is missing.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Thanks Ronin. Wow, mine looks nothing like what is pictured. Why is that? I will take some pictures of mine and perhaps someone can tell me what is missing.
It might be because my photo is from a current model X5, as specified.

We need to get a photo posted from a like vehicle to yours.

Better yet, why not post your vehicle photo and ask others if that's what it looks like?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
What my fuel door looks like

Is my fuel door locking system missing a part?

It doesn't want to lock and it sometimes partially opens while driving by just a crack.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
So anyone know where I can find that part?
14 Central Locking System Cap

·
Registered
3,608 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
any dealer should have it

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Oh c'mon now, I found the darn part for you - you can pick up the phone to the dealer yourself :)

Here, I'll even post the number for quick reference: 51171928699

d-
:cheers: lol, thanks man!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Only $2.20 for that part! Sweet.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
It looks like I might be missing part #8 as well.

Can someone please snap a quick picture of their open fuel door area?

Pretty please?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Oh c'mon now, I found the darn part for you - you can pick up the phone to the dealer yourself :)

Here, I'll even post the number for quick reference: 51171928699

d-
So I went to pick up the part and as it turned out, I received the wrong one!

I immediately went back to the parts guy and we found out that #14 and #29 have the same bloody part number... wtf!

They're looking into it for me. Grrrr. I hate wasted time.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
So I went to pick up the part and as it turned out, I received the wrong one!

I immediately went back to the parts guy and we found out that #14 and #29 have the same bloody part number... wtf!

They're looking into it for me. Grrrr. I hate wasted time.
Geez, that stinks. Sorry, never occured to me that RealOEM might have the wrong part number listed...

d-

1 - 20 of 25 Posts