Registered
62 Posts
got mine from the dealer. its shown in the newest cpo accesories catalog
plus 2 year warranty on dealer parts:cool:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
yes, i think that is it... thank you.

does it come complete as shown? (with the sliding door etc.)

IIRC that is the stock housing. You essentially slip out the inside pocket and slide the mechanism in.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think its a wonderful addition. but i still cant think about spending 89.00 and shipping on it.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I think its a wonderful addition. but i still cant think about spending 89.00 and shipping on it.

Was in the same boat long ago. Surprisingly found it at my $tealer for cheaper than that even after tax.

I "sometimes" have coffee, and many times have bottled water. Best thing for me as of late in that regard and worth every penny. I have a Dension Ice iPod holder that sits well in it right now as it is in round and shaped like a cup. I've been lazy and contemplating on the 2point5 spec doc.

Check your $tealer. Bavauto has them too- but discounted? Don't know.

Reactions: g9s8r

·
Registered
490 Posts
I'm just a cheapskate. I swear that I read somewhere on the board that they were around 60 something. Even that is high but, better than 89. I'll check with my stealer here and see if they have it for less. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I have one in my E39 528i Touring. It's an amazing piece of work. I highly recommend this cupholder.

Mine was pretty gummed up from the previous owner spilling things on it. I sent it in to TEC, who rebuilt it and re-lubricated the mechanism and returned it to me at no charge.

Awesome.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
The TEC accessories cup holder is one of my favorite mods. And the service is outstanding. TEC really stands behind their product. Early models had some small parts failures. They replaced mine with a brand new version, and I haven't had any trouble since. It really works.

·
8,369 Posts
I purchased mine about 2 years ago.

Although it is a very well designed cup holder and TEC really stand behind their products when it comes to warranty (lifetime), this is the most money I have ever spent on a cup holder.

Yes, I paid $89.00 for mine directly from TEC two years ago.

Extremely satisfied, very well made, just dang pricy.

Here's a photo of mine. I installed a blue LED behind the coin box to light up my bottled water at night.

Attachments

·
8,369 Posts
I never encountered that problem.

Water bottle condensation is very very minimal. It may get the bottom support metal moist but never wet.

I dont think you'll have that problem.

my concern with actually using the cup holder, is condensation dripping onto the console or into the storage area that the cup holder retracts into.

·
Registered
939 Posts
my concern with actually using the cup holder, is condensation dripping onto the console or into the storage area that the cup holder retracts into.
That is what those spare microfiber towels in the glove box are for. :hihihi: j/k

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have had one for abot 9 months now. It is the one major mod I made to my car, and one of the best IMO. Worth every penny with drive as much as I do.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I thught it came with the car because mine says BMW on it. Not Tec. Is this something different? It looks exactly the same. Mine is all gunked up...any chance its an older version of Tec or do they have one that says BMW?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts